Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit

1. Back To Top    #111
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Re: 2013 Honda Fit

i finally did some much needed & well deserved tuning on these fine speakers, more than a year after installing them. let's open this back up, shall we?

i've been in oregon for over a year now, it has been an amazing journey and i'm so happy to be where i am now. the new job has been absolutely amazing, i work from home almost exclusively & get paid well for easy work, hard to ask for more than that

so, to pick up where i left off - the plan was to put one or two ported sa-10 subs in the hatch, and blow the little fit to pieces. this has been scrapped, i've decided that's not something i need or want, and i'd like my car to not rattle apart anytime soon - i'd also like to get my hatch space back that is currently being taken by my sub box, so i've decided that i am 100% going to be removing the spare tire and putting a sub down there. i did some measuring today and i can actually fit the jl 10tw3 prefab box down there (the 10tw3 is my sub of choice) and still fit the factory floor over it and look totally stock, but i'm not sure how i would secure it down there without some janky shit...it is enticing since i can just go down to the car toys that's 5 minutes from my apartment and pick one up and slap it in, but i think i'm going to hold off a month or two and try to do a fiberglass enclosure (my first!!) so i can use the spare tire mounting hole & bolt. i should be able to offset the sub from that little bump for the mounting enough to keep my depth down a bit more than the jl box as well, so the factory floor should fit a bit better. and lastly, doing it this way should give me plenty of space to nicely install the amp & dsp, where it would be incredibly tight and hard to fit with the prefab. we'll see what happens here

on to what i did today - this weekend was 100 both days here, and most places up this way don't have air conditioning (including mine). it's okay on 80-90 degree days since it still goes down to 50-60 degrees at night and you can cool the place off pretty well to prepare, but when we get more than one 100 degree day in a row it gets pretty hot inside...so i decided to sit in the a/c in my car and do some tuning! i haven't done a real, solid tune since i installed everything so i figured i owed it to the speakers to do them some justice. i used this time alignment guide on diyma as well as cmusic's guide on diyma. i played around with crossovers a lot as well, and i just have to say, the car sounds so much better! the difference that proper time alignment can make is just amazing. i don't think mine is quite perfect as far as getting to the exact spot in the "doppler effect" (i wasn't able to hear anything in either mid-tweet setups, i think the 360.3 software may have glitched out on me...i tried restarting the software and pc & it didn't help so not sure) but the mid-sub are either on point or very close, and it tightened everything up significantly. staging & imaging are both much better (not quite perfect - still need to do some l/r eq matching) and tonality is the best it's ever been in my car, i absolutely love it. also readjusted my gains & levels to give me some more volume access for dynamic tracks and also make it so i don't have to go so high on the volume, there's no volume knob so being able to get to cruising volume and back down again quickly with the buttons is nice - also sounds much better at higher volumes now than before, and i finally found the l6v2's mechanical limits, oops

well, i think that's it for today - nothing too extravagant, just kind of excited to get the hatch finished up and work on the tune a little bit more to get everything all situated, maybe another tuning session later this week. we'll see what happens!

2. Back To Top    #112

Glad to hear you're enjoying yerself out in Oregon! Good to see ya back at it, looking forward to the updates.......

3. Back To Top    #113
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

aaaaand just like that, the Fit is gone! on to the next one

4. Back To Top    #114
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Serieus View Post
    aaaaand just like that, the Fit is gone! on to the next one
    Where'd it go?

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #115
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Where'd it go?

we finalized everything & picked it up yesterday

the fit had exactly 62000 miles on the trade in, there were some complications with it & ended up getting a great deal on this thing. it's been a nice upgrade so far, i took half the day off work as i'm starting to get sick & took it for a little bit of a drive. rides smoother than the fit, handling feels pretty good, maybe a little worse than the fit there but kinda early to tell...both had/have shit tires anyways so who cares. soul is much quieter, interior feels a lot nicer...and it's nice having steering wheel audio controls.

i'm not crazy about the styling but it's starting to grow on me. i originally was looking at a white one, but i think the black looks better - i'll be regretting getting a black one soon i'm sure once the paint starts looking like shit, and especially if i ever move anywhere hot again, but it's nice for now

stock stereo sounds surprisingly decent for what it is, trying to avoid touching it. bass is a little lacking, may add a sub at some point but other than that i think this will keep me happy for awhile!

6. Back To Top    #116

Trying to avoid touching it? A stock stereo is like yer penis......you can ignore for as long as you like, but you know it only gets better when you play with it.......lmao.

7. Back To Top    #117
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Trying to avoid touching it? A stock stereo is like yer penis......you can ignore for as long as you like, but you know it only gets better when you play with it.......lmao.

you're not wrong i have a suspicion it won't be too long before i add a sub...and then a head unit...and then an extra amp & front speakers, and all the good stuff to go along with it. we'll see, i think i could be pretty happy with just a small sealed sub (jl tw1 or tw3 maybe?) for a pretty long time. i don't drive a whole lot anymore since i almost exclusively work from home so it likely won't ever have anything too fancy in it

8. Back To Top    #118
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

The hell failed on a honda after 62K miles? It wasn't even broken in yet!

9. Back To Top    #119
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    The hell failed on a honda after 62K miles? It wasn't even broken in yet!
    haha, nothing wrong with the car- it was in excellent condition, only trouble i ever had with it was the a/c evaporator freezing up on trips longer than 1.5-2 hours. that was taken care of with a recharge of the system and never had any other problems. complications were more along the lines that my ex had cosigned with me on that car when we bought it and we've been separated now for 2 years or so. i was looking in to refinancing but decided to take a look at some cars, to see if i wanted to try something new. what i looked at:

- 2017 chevy cruze, i hate chevy's (sorry clay ) but this was a decent car. power felt nice with the turbo but the auto was super slow to shift, and the manual had a pretty damn bad shifter. i considered this thing but the dealership sucked and i didn't feel like driving far to buy a chevy.
    - 2017 mazda3 hatchback - this was a great car, and i've wanted one for a long time. price was higher than i wanted to pay for it though, rear seat was smaller than i had expected (even tighter than in the fit) and cargo space was less than the fit also
    - 2017 civic hatchback - similar thing as the mazda, price was higher than i wanted to pay for the car. the styling is ass. i wish honda would pull their head out of their ass with car styling over the past few years, this last generation of accord was one of my favorite body styles and they've ruined that too for the 2018 model year. drove very nice with the turbo, and the newer honda cvt's are nice. manual is not as nice as older hondas but was good
    - 2017 kia rio sedan - i didn't realize they sold cars this stripped down still, lol. manual mirrors, windows, locks. this was the first car i drove & was a manual, they had it listed i think under 11k but i couldn't convince myself to downgrade that far...the interior was pretty awful but it drove reasonably well, the manual felt okay. had a hard time getting comfortable driving it as the steering wheel was only tilt (no telescope)
    - 2017 kia soul - same engine as the rio, but with an auto, and a much nicer interior. seats feel better, all the touch points are soft & padded, including the very nice center armrest that i've never had...my girlfriend has a '15 fit and the center armrest on that thing is garbage. no padding, and it's a good 4-5 inches too low to even use. ride is a lot smoother, and i do somewhat enjoy the higher ride height on the soul. very important: the soul has cruise control. and, mostly, i just prefer hatchbacks...much more useful to me than a trunk.

only gripe so far, the soul has one auto window - pretty typical for cheap cars, i think. except, this one is only auto DOWN. a couple of times i tried to set it to auto up and it wouldn't go, i look down and sure enough it says "auto down". minor gripe, but why is that even a thing? anyway - the next trim up has auto up & down for both front windows, so that's nice. i really like this car & hopefully it's good to me - it's definitely something i could see myself upgrading within the line a few years down the road, maybe to the turbo model, but for now this keeps me happy & away from speeding tickets

10. Back To Top    #120

I don't blame ya about the chevrolets.......they haven't made a car that interests me a bit in a long time. Looking for a car right now is a pretty dismal affair, there isn't a single new car that makes me think " that's what I want", and I've been a car guy my whole life, always with an idea of what the next ride was gonna be.....I need my next one to be a truck, for practicality reasons (I live in the country, and could always use one), but the thought of driving one daily makes me shudder, because I LOVE to drive, and trucks drive like shit. I've thought of getting a beater truck to haul with, and replacing the cobalt with another fun to drive car, but like I said, nothing really has my attention at all. The closest I can come is the little focus "rs", but after sitting in one the console would drive me crazy because it's intrusive as hell on the right knee space, not to mention over priced as hell. I agree about honda's styling as well, the last few civics have been nice looking cars, but the new one is hideous.........