Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit

1. Back To Top    #121
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: 2013 Honda Fit

My last car was a 2012 Kia Rio hatch. I loved that car. When I went looking, I started by looking at Fits...but the manual trans bad, the clutch was worse and it was loud and buzzy. I also looked at the Fiesta, and it was better, but it was a Ford.

When I first looked at the Rio, I wanted a manual trans, but the only way you could get it that way was the ultra base stripper model. So, I got an EX which had the soft touch (vinyl wrapped) dash, power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, steering wheel controls, BT (streaming and handsfree calling) Manual shifting option, keyless entry, etc. Stickered at about $17k.

Had 138hp and got about 35-36mpg. I put 153k on it in 5 years, and it started to need some suspension work (wore out my coilovers) and started to make oil disappear. It was going through 3 quarts (only takes 3.9) in 6 weeks, but didn't seem to burn it or leak it. Decided it was time for a new car.

Got my new (to me) '15 Mazda 6 for $17,500 and it's a huge upgrade. Nicest car I've had since my Genesis Coupe.

Jay

2. Back To Top    #122
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

yeah, the rio drove nice for sure, just the interior on the model i drove was super stripped down. i think there are only like 2 new rio hatchbacks within 150 miles of my area, i would have liked to check one of those out in a slightly higher trim than what i drove. i've checked out the refreshed 2018 rio online and it looks pretty sweet, just not available yet the install in your rio was pretty cool, i checked it out at one of jason's meets before i moved to oregon!

i hate the new fits. i liked mine pretty well, but in comparison to cars now it doesn't match up...the auto transmission has really bad shift logic (imo - i don't see many complaints of that online, oddly) and from almost any stop, will shift 1->2, 2->3 and then 3->2 while accelerating with steady foot. the shifts aren't half as smooth as the soul, and it's just really irritating. i bought the car when i was living in NC, and would have preferred the manual for most driving, but it's geared badly for highway driving (3k+ RPM at 70-75mph) and it's definitely not a quiet car or a particularly good sounding engine. i didn't bother looking at the fiesta, like you said - it's a ford the fiesta st was tempting to go take on a test drive but ehhh...

glad to hear the rio lasted a good while, 153k definitely isn't a low number - odd on the oil disappearing, wonder if that's a common thing on these. even so, if the soul makes it 153k mostly problem free for me, i think i'll have gotten my money's worth by then, assuming i don't upgrade before then. with the 2018 models coming out & the rebates available on this thing, we got it for a pretty decent price - $13499 out the door, with a spare tire kit (not just the stupid fix a flat can & compressor). hard to complain

a+ on the mazda 6, i've been checking out mazda's skyactiv-x engines coming out soon and they look to be pretty amazing. the 2 liter is expected to be 188hp up from the existing 2 liter skyactiv at 155hp and still 30% more efficient. only time will tell if they meet that goal but pretty amazing if true, and i think their styling is among the best right now. i'd like to see a cx-3 with the 2.5 liter or this new 2 liter...that'd be a neat car

3. Back To Top    #123
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Looking forward to the Stinger GT - http://www.kia.com/us/en/content/veh...-vehicles/2018
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]