Thread: Democrats lead the way

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Democrats lead the way

Down with ISIL "This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven."

"This is American leadership at its best."

The new poll also found that more than six in 10 respondents believe that taking military action against the Islamic militant group ISIS is in the nation’s interest. “A very war-weary country … seems to have woken up to the real threat that ISIS may present !”
    Obama emphasized the importance of viewing the Islamic State as one organization, not two groups separated by a border. Airstrikes in Syria now being considered.

in Congress and in the 2016 presidential election. No politician who supported George W. Bush’s rush to invade Iraq, as Hillary Clinton did, should be entrusted with new political power.

Republicans Who Voted To Block A New American War In Iraq:

Justin Amash
    Dan Benishek
    Paul Broun
    Mike Coffman
    Steve Daines
    John Duncan
    Chris Gibson
    Walter Jones
    Raul Labrador
    Thomas Massie
    Tom McClintock
    Tom Petri
    Reid Ribble
    Scott Rigell
    Dana Rohrabacher
    Mark Sanford
    Dave Schweikert
    Jim Sensenbrenner
    Steve Stockman
    Ted Yoho
    Don Young

The names of the other 43 pro-war Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives who helped the Republicans keep the possibility of a new Iraq War alive are:

John Barrow
    Timothy Bishop
    Corrine Brown
    Julia Brownley
    Cheri Bustos
    George Butterfield
    John Carney
    André Carson
    Matthew Cartwright
    James Clyburn
    Gerald Connolly
    Jim Cooper
    Jim Costa
    Henry Cuellar
    John Delaney
    Tammy Duckworth
    Eliot Engel
    Bill Enyart
    Tulsi Gabbard
    Pete Gallego
    Steve Horsford
    Steny Hoyer
    Steve Israel
    Joseph Kennedy
    James Langevin
    Dan Lipinski
    Steve Lynch
    Jim Matheson
    Mike McIntyre
    Gregory Meeks
    James Moran
    William Owens
    Ed Perlmutter
    Gary Peters
    Collin Peterson
    David Price
    Raul Ruiz
    Dutch Ruppersberger
    Loretta Sanchez
    Teri Sewell
    Brad Sherman
    Juan Vargas
    Peter Visclosky

If you care support Democrats for re-election to Congress this year.
    Last edited by Hic; 09-10-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Democrats lead the way

Let's get down to business , this ain't no time to play !

This week, the Senate is devoting much of its time to debating a constitutional amendment that would reverse the 2010 Citizens United decision. It has somewhat bipartisan support but is unlikely to ever become law. The debates that occur this week then are mostly theoretical and made for grandstanding. Which is the one kind of debate where Congress -- and the Senate in particular excels. No speech, though, was as visually appealing as that of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who -- wait for it -- opposes the amendment. Cruz's speech included a dazzling array of charts that would make no sense out-of-context -- and, Cruz's opponents would argue -- even in-context.
    The president says he has the legal authority to conduct the expanded military operations without new congressional approval.
    He will do what is necessary !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

1. Where exactly on the map is the "Islamic State" ? This is like the "War on Terror". There is no real enemy other than who the government decides they want to label a terrorist and attack on any given day for whatever underhanded purpose.

2. Lets arm and train ISIS and then start a war with them...sweet!

3. Notice the trend of Presidents leading the country into war near the end of their terms? Those military contractors will have to sew a few extra pockets on their pants to stuff all of this extra hard earned extra cash of ours into.

4. Republican vs Democrat- truly the great American hustle. "Pssst- They're the same"

5. US Media- Anchoring whatever position the government wishes. Aint TV grand?

4. Back To Top    #4

Werd.......actually 5 werds.....As I wholeheartedly agree on all your comments. Especially number 4.......Two party system.....what a joke.....

5. Back To Top    #5

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Wish I could find fault in your list Steve, unfortunately it is all true and sickening. I have a sense of patriotism and love this country, but can't stand its' government. I still believe the whole system has morphed into a money making machine. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the line becomes more and more distinct between them. Money waste runs rampant, such as the billions spent on "financial responsibility" programs for Americans....last I read there were 26 departments in that program and if the money spent on the programs was given out to the people, they would benefit more from that. I stopped voting for many reasons, one of them is #4 in your list. It's like asking me which eye I want to lose....how about neither! When it is said that "every vote counts" and then "hundreds of thousands of errors were made"........I don't think that every one counts anymore.I'll stop there as I could go on all day and it would make more sense to make a list like you have LOL
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

On the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he expected legislation ratifying Obama's request to clear Congress by the end of next week when lawmakers hope to wrap up their work and go home to campaign for re-election.
    Sweet - The 10 Mideast allies announced their backing for a strategy to "destroy" the group "wherever it is, including in both Iraq and Syria. Nearly 40 nations have agreed to contribute to what Kerry said would be a worldwide fight to defeat the militants.
    Last edited by Hic; 09-12-2014 at 07:09 AM.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

_______________ Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullshit.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	3468 ____________________________________
    Last edited by Hic; 11-05-2014 at 08:11 AM.