Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer avh-p4300dvd problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pioneer avh-p4300dvd problem

I have the avh p 4300dvd in my wifes car. I took it to be detailed and when I got it back the HU wouldn't work. It has power the display says source off. No buttons work, the touch screen doesn't work. I used the reset button that didn't work. The shop admits that it worked when dropped off and that it went to source off after disconnecting the battery to power wash the engine bay. Any idea what is going on?
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Re: Pioneer avh-p4300dvd problem

Did you hold the reset button down for 15 seconds or so? Just a quick push usually doesn't work.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

3. Back To Top    #3

Okay, I'll try that. I held it in for a few seconds but not that long. Thanks, Glenn
    Using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4

No change... Anything else I could try?
    Using Tapatalk

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Have you tried disconnecting the power again for a minute or so? Does the face plate look like it's properly seated back in place?

6. Back To Top    #6

I'll try unplugging the battery again. The face was not removed.
    Using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Does it have the motorized face? If so, it may have moved a tad when the power was disconnected

8. Back To Top    #8

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Yeah, Al is headed the right direction with advice, remove power and give it a change to "reset" itself. It works on switches for different positions and if it can't tell where it is, it won't do a thing. Could also be a ribbon cable issue, which is an easy fix and pacparts.com normally has them in stock.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

9. Back To Top    #9

It does have the motorized face. However, I can't get it to move either. No buttons work at all. Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated. I haven't been able to get time to pop the battery cable off yet. Will post an update after that. Thanks again!
    Using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10

I just tried it. Nothing... but then I just started trying to move the face and it kinda started to work. The touch screen function comes and goes. It won't eject. The tune buttons make the tuner scan constantly along with other quirks.
    Using Tapatalk