Thread: Mosconi/Orca/Focal

1. Back To Top    #11

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Re: Mosconi/Orca/Focal

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    I can't argue that........One would think being a boutique brand sold only through specialty retail outlets a relatively swanky company such as focal would have a rep involved in the distribution chain to keep pressure on the guys who wanted to keep their product on display.......my guess though is that volume is given precedence over customer service.......and that's a shame. Anyone who seeks out your services, should be given the opportunity to give you monies......lol.
    Back in the day, you could call a manufacturer, they would actually answer the phone and do whatever they can to get their product in your hands. Now I am supposed to want to do whatever I can to get the product and beg for it. Not me, I am the consumer. Provide service of fuck off.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Totally agree Glenn. If there isnt a dealer within reasonable driving distance, then there should be no issue with ordering from a dealer elsewhere. It's not like you're trying to snake a deal for a cheap price. Your willing to pay the standard dealer price, you just want to do so without driving for half the day to make it happen. I don't find that unreasonable at all...on the contrary- it's common sense.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Dealer networks are setup to provide distribution of a product- not a blockade to entry. And if you're local dealer is not an establishment up to par with your standards of business (or install) practice, then I see no reason why the manufacturer should hold you to that dealer as well. It's bad business.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You're right that it's not their fault that they don't have dealers in the area, but it is their fault that they blew me off. I do expect customer service for my money and if I don't get it, I won't buy your stuff.
    That I agree with completely.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Vehicle
    Abarth Punto Evo / 3G Prelude / Saab NG900 Turbo

Agreed. I work in customer service (B2B level, not retail - that's for our customers to provide to the end customer) but occasionally the more savvy consumers do reach out to me in likewise situations. I just hand out an extra rebate on the product for a dealer to cover S&H towards a consumer on such rare occasions (Belgium is a small country after all). The dealer wins, product sold with margin unharmed. Consumer wins, product delivered to the doorstep with no extra cost. We win, because we just sold a product, albeit with less margin, that our competition will now not be able to sell to that consumer. Truly a win-win for all involved.

Sad to see such shortsightedness on such a regular basis.

6. Back To Top    #16

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

The problem they created by not selling me what I needed and being rude about it also caused me to want to avoid them in the future. I won't have much good to say about them either, so instead of a customer, they got a bad review that lead to a thread like this. I'm sure this will come up in future conversations too.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Vehicle
    Abarth Punto Evo / 3G Prelude / Saab NG900 Turbo

I'm surprised their pricing policy hasn't yet. 2.5k for a Mosconi A-Class? GTFO! It's half here. I know, I bought one new.