Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #71

Re: gubment shuts down and Obamacare opens up

personally, I believe the republicans are wrong to shut down the government over this issue, because people can vote out the president in a couple of years, the entire Congress in a few years, and if this legislation is as dire as everyone says it is then we'd be hard pressed not to hold our elected officials responsible and end their reign of stupid at the taxpayer's expense.

let's see how bad the new entitlement makes health care, and the costs associated with, then we can work with real numbers. I understand that the mainstream media will never use real numbers though, as they cherry pick their statistics to serve the sheeple, no shame in their deception at all.

but some of the fallout from the inclusion of the ACA will be tangible, and the population will get a chance to say if insuring 15 million people who couldn't afford it before, was worth a 25% increase across the board for everyone else's sniffles and wheezes.

I don't know about other people but raising the average cost of health care 40% and raising the average cost of health insurance 25% for anyone who makes more than minimum wage, seems like a big price to pay for just a few small improvements, the only thing I can see is because there's a 3 to 1 limit on costs rising by the industry, they had to just up the bar for everyone. Which is no limits at all, when you think about it.

One good thing to come out of this legislation is how much richer we're going to make insurance companies.

isn't that worth another 10% of your paycheck? Of course it is.

2. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Cavalry Blue

If you still think this is Dems vs. Republicans, you are myopic on this one.

Here's some problems that will need resolution:

The Affordable Healthcare Choices Act is unconstitutional, when read cover to cover (which NO lawmaker has done yet). This renders the Bill DOA, as far as being Constitutional and therefore fit for legislation. It is not even worth challenging that it isn't Constitutional, it is a Bill designed to transfer power directly to the Executive Branch.

"The irony is that the Congress doesn't have any authority to legislate in most of those areas to begin with! I defy anyone to read the text of the U.S. Constitution and find any authority granted to the members of Congress to regulate health care." - Michael Connelly Retired attorney, Constitutional Law Instructor Carrollton , Texas

Here, read this,

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/842
    50 USC § 842 - Proscription of Communist Party, its successors, and subsidiary organizations

The Communist Party of the United States, or any successors of such party regardless of the assumed name, whose object or purpose is to overthrow the Government of the United States, or the government of any State, Territory, District, or possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein by force and violence, are not entitled to any of the rights, privileges, and immunities attendant upon legal bodies created under the jurisdiction of the laws of the United States or any political subdivision thereof; and whatever rights, privileges, and immunities which have heretofore been granted to said party or any subsidiary organization by reason of the laws of the United States or any political subdivision thereof, are terminated: Provided, however, That nothing in this section shall be construed as amending the Internal Security Act of 1950, as amended [50 U.S.C. 781 et seq.]

So basically, if Obama tries to push this legislation through and goes to extremes to get it, he and his cohorts can be removed, period. Especially so if he goes for this one http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/212

50 USC § 212 - Confiscation of property employed to aid insurrection

Whenever during any insurrection against the Government of the United States, after the President shall have declared by proclamation that the laws of the United States are opposed, and the execution thereof obstructed, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, or by the power vested in the marshals by law, any person, or his agent, attorney, or employee, purchases or acquires, sells or gives, any property of whatsoever kind or description, with intent to use or employ the same, or suffers the same to be used or employed in aiding, abetting, or promoting such insurrection or resistance to the laws, or any person engaged therein; or being the owner of any such property, knowingly uses or employs, or consents to such use or employment of the same, all such property shall be lawful subject of prize and capture wherever found; and it shall be the duty of the President to cause the same to be seized, confiscated, and condemned.

So what will happen?

Basically the way I see it, if Obama goes for an open Martial Law, he'll be on the hook. If he tries to push this any further, he'll be on the hook. And if he stays the course, he'll be on the hook. He's fucked, basically.

3. Back To Top    #73
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The dysfunction of the american government is giving the rest of the world concern.

What a fucked up mess
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #74
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Cavalry Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    The dysfunction of the american government is giving the rest of the world concern.

What a fucked up mess
    IMHO its because the puppeteers are the most visible over here in the USA.

5. Back To Top    #75

yeah, I wonder what the bilderbergers and illuminati's are doing about this, you know they just don't like to see a connecting rod go through the block..

6. Back To Top    #76
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1384015_218318148292057_121543099_n.jpg 
Views:	927 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	1467

7. Back To Top    #77
    Real Name
    Keele
    Vehicle
    17 Spark

They better not mess with my gubment cheese or I'll defect!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sticker,375x360.png 
Views:	954 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1468

8. Back To Top    #78
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Who have you got on your list of LOSERs to fire ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #79
    Real Name
    Keele
    Vehicle
    17 Spark

http://wgntv.com/2013/10/12/link-car...n-in-illinois/

You may all now refer to me as Nostradamus, called it out in advance! I shall now declare the end is nigh!

10. Back To Top    #80
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Ask not what you can do to your governors, but what can your governors do to you.

Referring to the approach of Thursday's deadline, he added: "As we start hearing the train whistle, I think that there may be a different view. I don't want to see it happen because it's going to hurt a lot of innocent people."
    Last edited by Hic; 10-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.