Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #671

Re: Polihics

Not saying not too hold both accountable. In fact, it would be the only real way that people will agree even if they don’t like the results. I’m just showing both sides as the majority of the media isn’t & people are eating it up. FWIW, I didn’t vote for Hillary or Trump, I voted for a clueless idiot (Johnson) in an attempt to garner enough votes so a true 3rd party candidate would receive matching funds in the next cycle.

2. Back To Top    #672
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

The R and the D are only there to give the illusion of choice. There is establishment (owned by multi-national corps, U.S Chamber of Commerce, Planned Parenthood, etc) vs the President (who is working for the American people).
    I get not liking President Trump, but look at his results with the economy. Seen the Atlanta Fed 2cd Qtr GDP forecast? How bout them unemployment numbers or consumer confidence? He's reviving the middle class by bringing manufacturing back. The hate you see on msm is being spewed by people who have a vested interest in the status quo. If he (and by extension, the American people) wins, they lose.

3. Back To Top    #673
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Only republicans suck this " blood sausage" , cause democrats
    Don't know how to suck dick ,!
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #674

If we're going to give credit for the economy then why not give some of that credit to Obama? The Dow Jan 20 2009 was 7,949.09 and on Jan 20 2017 was 19827.25. Seems like a pretty big increase to me. How about unemployment? 7.8% in January 2009 and 4.8% in Jan of 2017, another significant decrease. Sure, things have improved since Trump took office but the economy had already been steadily on the way up since long before he took office.

5. Back To Top    #675
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Yes, Wall Street did very well under Obama. They raked it in, at the expense of the middle class. Why did the wealth gap get bigger? Why were more people on food stamps? The banks got bailed out, did the regular citizens? The last 4 Presidents have tried to sacrifice the middle class on the altar of Globalism. President Trump is focused on Main Street, not Wall Street.

6. Back To Top    #676

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia/charts

you can trend the Dow Jones here. The market took a huge jump in Jan ‘17. I would be very hesitant to credit that to Obama.

7. Back To Top    #677

Trump is only interested in what Trump can do for Trump, if anyone else benefits it's not on purpose. What exactly has he done? Tax cuts that benefit the rich significantly more than the middle class? Stagnant wages? Coal jobs? I hear we need more blacksmiths and lamplighters too. Really though it's too early to tell if there will be any long term benefits from his policies and I truly hope you're right that he does help the middle class but I'm not holding my breath.

8. Back To Top    #678
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    Trump is only interested in what Trump can do for Trump, if anyone else benefits it's not on purpose.
    Right, he makes so much more as President than as a real estate developer

This is why I rarely post in this thread. That's a patently ludicrous statement and frankly, beneath your intelligence.

Tax cuts: Why do you think manufacturing is returning? Deregulation and tax cuts = business friendly = jobs

Wage Stagnation: The service industries are stagnant, manu jobs are rising. They will continue the pressure upward as the labor market tightens.

Coal: Where do you think the coal goes? Here's a hint, China. So a double benefit, coal miners work and trade deficits offset.

President Trump is fixing the World. Too bad you let your hate for him blind you to it, you're missing a great show.

I'm out of this thread, seems pointless with your mindset.

EDIT:
    For those that want to understand what is going on with economy, here's a good explanation

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-street-u-s-a/
    Last edited by SublimeZ; 07-18-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added link

9. Back To Top    #679

Well, he hasn't filed bankruptcy since becoming president so it looks like he's doing better for himself as president than doing real estate.

How does him kissing Putin's ass and blaming their attack on our election on us help the country?

Yeah look at all the jobs Harley is....... oh, nevermind. Well there's Indian.......oh, I guess they're planning on moving jobs overseas too. Hey at least Moog Music is stayi......oh. I could go on but I guess you're right, he is creating jobs.....in China.

How about all of the companies that are pocketing that tax cut instead of passing it on to employees or hiring more? Wouldn't it have been better to give more of a tax cut to the middle class so they're more likely to actually see some of it? Then there's all of the deductions they eliminated which will cause taxes to go up for many including myself most likely.

Regardless of where the coal is going it's still a dying industry and we'd be way better off focusing on creating jobs in renewable energy and more environmentally friendly fields that have much greater long term potential.

10. Back To Top    #680
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Remember when...