1. Back To Top    #171
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Politics

OOPS!, Wrong Number!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ng-IRS-Scandal

LETTER: HOLDER AIDE ACCIDENTALLY CALLS ISSA STAFF FOR HELP SPINNING IRS SCANDAL

A senior communications aide to Attorney General Eric Holder seemingly called House oversight committee chairman Darrell Issa's staff by accident and asked for their help spinning new revelations about the IRS scandal, Issa said in a September 8 letter to Holder.
    The aide, Brian Fallon, is a former senior aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and a well-known personality on Capitol Hill. The letter describes Fallon as “audibly shaken” when he realizes his request to leak documents to help get ahead of news stories about them was mistakenly made to the very office he was seeking to undermine. Issa believes the call was intended to be made to Democratic Rep. Elijah Cumming's staff, the ranking member on the oversight panel, the letter said.
    According to the letter, Fallon – who is not named in the letter but confirmed he made the call – asked if the aides could release the IRS scandal documents to “selected reporters” to give Fallon an “opportunity to comment publicly on it.”
    Fallon explained to Issa aides that the Justice Department's Office of Legislative Affairs had not permitted him to release the documents to the public and he wanted to get ahead of the story “before the Majority” – meaning Issa – could share it, according to the letter.
    Issa aides – who had placed the call on speakerphone – were “caught off guard by the unusual nature of the call and the odd request” and asked Fallon to “e-mail the material for evaluation.”
    “At this point,” Fallon “abruptly placed the call on hold for approximately three minutes.” When Fallon returned to the call, “he was audibly shaken. He immediately stated that there was a 'change in plans' and that there would be no effort” by DOJ to release the material early.
    Fallon “proceeded to pitch the idea that the Department and the Committee should 'help one another' while simultaneously saying that 'you need to say what you need to say.'”
    In the letter, Issa told Holder the phone call suggests ongoing coordination between DOJ aides and Cummings' staff to undermine oversight committee investigations.
    Fallon's “efforts to prejudice the Committee's oversight work demands examination,” Issa wrote.
    Fallon, however, said in a written statement that nothing untoward occurred.
    “There is nothing inappropriate about department staff having conversations with both the majority and minority staff as they prepare responses to formal inquiries. That includes conversations between the spokespeople for the Department and the committee,” Fallon said.
    Other than confirming he made the phone call in question, Fallon did not respond to any of the details of what took place during the call.
    The letter referred to a “subsequent explanation” from Fallon that “he simply called to improve the Office of Public Affairs' working relationship with the Committee” but said the explanation “is inconsistent with statements and requests he made before he placed the call on hold.”
    “It strains credulity to believe that the Department would seek to begin to improve relations via a telephone call between two individuals who had never spoken to each other before at 5:01pm on a Friday afternoon at the end of a District Work Period in the waning days of the 113th Congress,” Issa wrote.
    Issa said he is “disturbed” by the “apparently longstanding collaboration between the Obama administration and Ranking Member Cummings' staff to obfuscate and prejudice the Committee's work through under-the-table coordination.”
    At the outset of the 112th Congress, when Republicans had just taken control of the House, Democrats forced former Rep. Edolphus Towns to step down as ranking member for fear that Issa would run roughshod over him. Since then, Cummings is widely considered to have done an effective job pushing back against Issa-led investigations.
    In many cases, documents provided to congressional committees by the White House and administration are preemptively leaked to the media as they are being released to Congress. Called the “document dump,” the practise frequently occurs on Friday afternoons to help mitigate the political damage from the news contained in the documents.

2. Back To Top    #172
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unca sam.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	3219

GOP ahead in 2014 mid-term elections. 0'bama viewed as failed and divisive president by clear majority.

Smartest Dems now siding with GOP to insure paychecks so they can keep paying their bills.
    Last edited by Hic; 09-10-2014 at 06:21 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #173
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

4. Back To Top    #174

If it weren't for double standards, democrats wouldn't have any standards at all

5. Back To Top    #175
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Iffn you're a lobbyist , crawl into bed

I want the vote registry to look like dis , , ,

I want da monies in dis account . . .
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #176
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    If it weren't for double standards, democrats wouldn't have any standards at all
    Who will make it in ? 2016 for prez ? (I'm goin "Bush" )

Unless the media undermines the process again [ FOX ] will divide the GOP
    Last edited by Hic; 04-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.

7. Back To Top    #177
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

8. Back To Top    #178
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

All will be solved in 2016

A prosperous America is on it's way.

Bush, senate, and Congress !
    Last edited by Hic; 06-19-2015 at 02:50 AM.

9. Back To Top    #179
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    All will be solved in 2016

A prosperous America is on it's way.

Oh.....you're serious?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #180

though I am not very well received in the round, making a few remarks here in the "disposables bin" of online repartee, should be safe, enough...

it seems that at this point people have not understood the significance of a Trump nomination, as much as it is "white man redundant" in comparison to the travel our fashionable, dirigible of constancy, presidential head spin psychopop, attains with the lady Hillary superimposed upon a black man's estimable exit.

a woman, on top to receive her comeuppance, a singularity of possibility if simply being capable of being elected is the bar, all the talk about maximums for experience, these bones... well, I don't really understand it, except as a way of committing this country to another long slow reprise of governing as hand-out, an extension phase with dreams of the Great Society relatively benign in the face of what must be maximums of taxation to achieve this political PH, moving into acidity and remaining there...

what I'm saying is, Hillary didn't do anything.

That's why so many people are secretly viewing this election as facile, even if all the bluster and blows land unevenly on Trump as the unconditioned, unready for prime time, possible mistake.

I have to recoil, from the statements being made about Hillary's ready to go, capability since her countenance in combat so far, is simply to look down and try not to wince when her inability to respond is called into question.

Let's examine Trump as a anti-establishment, near counter-cultural phenom, someone who resides in a bubble of his own making, largely a figment, and more likely a fabrication, but let's get it straight: Trump is not a regular run-of-the-mill guy. He's not a political guru, certainly not good at keeping a campaign from suffering bruising, with many substantial hits taken thus far, but that's the existential surprise. He's able to exist without the net, he laughs at all the politicians who know things well enough to not need a net, are already doomed to the partisan deadlock in every vote, every coming bill, every SCOTUS appt.

Now, I'm not normally predisposed to accept running a show without a safety contingency, without the security of a well-rounded portfolio of clues that survive scrutiny.

Does Hillary have that? Does her performance wow, even now as she stands aside her philanderer-in-chief, who will comprise a new edition of Clinton-isms, at the earliest tether click?

Dance monkey, dance for the moh-Nay..

and who is ready for a state of being, a conscious uncoupling of having a man at the helm of the biggest thing ever? A lot of people have decided a woman president is simply the same thing as a man president, but if you look at the deeper levels, closer to the primal, closer to the animal we all have hidden down near our brain stems, knowing it's a woman sitting across the table, simply is a disadvantage when "talkin' noo, clear tough" to these closed-minded neanderthals of Muslim heritages, ascendant upon their FF, fear factor, not friend forever compost pile of sand dune dictatorships that sell oil to kill Americans.

I hate to say that, since I'm actually a pretty reasonable feminist, in most of my "less than president" fixations, and focal point observations.

Is the presidency a barrier to women, is the fact that we've had 40 plus, and yet half the nation is comprised of the weaker sex?

I reapply the balm of bigotry liberally, as a surface-level defector of women's rights in this disenfranchisement, in this difficult but necessary abstain.

Let me be perfectly clear. I don't pretend to know either Trump or HRC, in a way that allows me to throw either one into an automatic, not even knee-jerk, rejection status, if not for the fact of having a woman involved. It pains me to understand in a "will it float" kind of way, that having any woman, not just an HRC-level competency, is meeting with the mayhem vote ending in the positive. For me, it's not a glass ceiling, it's a perfect carbon nano-tube kind of impenetrable barrier. Is that a travesty, and a curse on my nesting here, higher in a way, that doesn't err on the side of a contempt, or allow for disablement, even as we've had POTUS rule from a wheelchair, in a not so distant past?

Today, more than anything we've become exposed to exposure, we've been inundated by the visuals for our substance, or mettle, that looking on, and not acknowledging the handicap of a woman projection, has become the easier negotiable path, we long for acceptance and we value ourselves much higher than generations before us, it's why reality tv shows are a staple and those experiences that millenials crave are all about them, the vanity and superficiality fomented by a social media blitzkrieg, has made us all feel like we are important...

and you should know, we're not.