Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #101
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: gubment shuts down and Obamacare opens up

Typical, wait till the almost the last minute. I bet if those fuckers hadn't been getting paid to jack around for the past week they would have come up with a deal before or the day after the shut down.

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

So, remember to vote for us in the future if you want Barack to do just what he feels, anytime he feels, you can count on us not to do shit.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on Twitter: “To say we as Republicans left a lot on the table would be one of the biggest understatements in American political history.”

In particular, Republicans did not get: shit

Immediate agreed-to entitlement spending reductions or curbs.

A defunding of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare or a delay in Obamacare.

A repeal of or delay in the medical device tax. That tax will cost medical device manufacturers and importers $32.5 billion over the next ten years.

Ending the policy of the federal government paying a share of health insurance costs for members of Congress and congressional employees.
    ... he needs to remember what he said as a Governor in 2006: Romney had unveiled a universal health insurance plan that would become his signature accomplishment

Passing that bill meant working closely with Democrats, and at its ceremonial signing at Boston's Faneuil Hall, Romney spoke as a political uniter: "What is noteworthy is the uncharacteristic collaboration of so many individuals and groups and partisans," Romney said at the time. "And how did that happen? I think it's because of what this bill can lead to — every citizen with affordable, comprehensive health insurance."
    The majority of Americans will continue to access care through a variety of health insurance plans made available or subsidized by their employer; nearly 50 million elderly and disabled through the federal Medicare program; another 60 million lowest-income through state-federal Medicaid arrangements.
    Last edited by Hic; 10-17-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I couldn't have said it better myself

The hyperbolic venting demonstrates a lack of understanding of the role of politics in our government. Politics are a series of negotiations in which sides offer alternatives until a consensus is built no matter how marginal. These negotiations determine how we are governed.

The GOP is doing what politicians are supposed to do. They are essentially offering to trade something that their audience generally doesn't like, increasing the debt limit, for something that its audience wants, defunding Obamacare ("ACA"). In the world of politics, the Democrats should respond with an alternative, one which protects the ACA while providing more party favors for the Republicans such as approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, offshore drilling, or reductions in pollution regulations. The breakdown in this process comes from the Democrats who have refused to participate in a political process.

The issue isn't the ACA as much as the President's belief that he can have it all. The president's position is nothing more than a political bet. He is betting that the Republicans will have to fold under the pressure that he creates. He is betting that they have picked the wrong issue, and that he will win by holding his breath. Understand the terms of the president's bet: Americans lose until he wins.

His bet puts his politics above the welfare of the nation, and yet he has the temerity to blame the Republicans for the consequences. The consequences are serious for the thousands of people who have been furloughed. These people have two weeks before their pay is cut. The consequences are more serious for those who depend upon programs reduced by the his intransigence.

These are serious consequences for everyone except the president because his bet is probably a smart bet. The ACA is open. The Republicans core base may or may not like the ACA, but that dislike will quickly erode as the government ceases to provide services. Moreover, people are blaming the Republicans.

If this scenario is winning to the president, he needs to remember what he said as a Senator in 2006: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.” Whether the Obama likes it or not, negotiating is part of his job.

The story here isn't about hostages or treason. It isn't about the ACA, or even the debt limit. This story is garden variety politics where America is the one that loses. Our government is for better or worse a political beast, and the political process within it has broken down. The government needs to shut down, until the pressure of failure builds on both sides to bring them together.
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/65...s-are-at-fault

4. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Cavalry Blue

I actually really enjoyed the rant of the snapped stenographer at the end.

She opened up a can of worms, yelling about Freemasons writing the Constitution and how you can't serve two masters. Very nice!

5. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Last night my wife and I were watching the news and we both flew through the roof when we found out that the contractor that is in charge of this monumental healthcare website is a canadian contractor... Nothing wrong with you flappy headed canuks but fuck man.... Way to prove that you don't give a fuck by awarding one of the biggest technology contracts to hit law to a foreign country!

6. Back To Top    #106
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Last night my wife and I were watching the news and we both flew through the roof when we found out that the contractor that is in charge of this monumental healthcare website is a canadian contractor... Nothing wrong with you flappy headed canuks but fuck man.... Way to prove that you don't give a fuck by awarding one of the biggest technology contracts to hit law to a foreign country!
    Not only that but they had failed to perform on previous contracts for the Canadian government. The company's contract dollars went up dramatically from the Bush to Obama administrations.

7. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

"More jobs at home......"

8. Back To Top    #108

Latest I heard is that the roll out failure was on purpose. Since ACA was on everyone's mind, they could not afford to have people see just how much their premiums are going to go up. Now that the budget stuff is all settled, I think you will see the ACAwebsite being opened up.

9. Back To Top    #109
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4109245.html

Speaking candidly about the government shutdown during an interview with CNN, film legend Robert Redford slammed what he sees as the bigoted, "narrow-minded" actions of some members of the GOP and lamented the "decrepit" state of Washington politics.

Redford, said he believes that racism, fear of change and an insatiable desire to undermine President Barack Obama have been some of the driving forces behind the current political quagmire.

"I was trying to figure out, why are these people behaving so stupidly? Why are they behaving so horribly that it's crippling our whole country?" Redford said. "I think it has to do with fear. I think it's a group of people that are so afraid of change, and they're so narrow-minded that some people -- when they see change coming -- get so threatened by change, they get angry and they get terrorized, and then they get vicious."
    Change is here, Change it's what's for dinner !
    Last edited by Hic; 10-17-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

10. Back To Top    #110
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

If your automobile insurance company told you that they are going to allow people to buy totalled cars, and they will fix them, and your rates would increase..

Along with this they will provide free driving instruction (birth control) and oil changes (mammograms) for female drivers

How would you feel about that?

My insurance has already DOUBLED