Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #91
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: gubment shuts down and Obamacare opens up

http://www.naturalnews.com/042479_EB...t_looting.html

When the federal EBT food stamp system suffered a critical failure on Saturday, local retailers were disconnected from the federal food stamp database that keeps track of how much credit is left on each individual EBT card. Seizing the opportunity provided by the glitch, EBT card holders in Louisiana ransacked their local Wal-Mart stores, stuffing their shopping carts full of groceries and "paying" for them with near-empty EBT cards that essentially had unlimited account balances because all accounting was offline.

When the EBT database came back online and card purchase limits were suddenly restored, EBT card holders abandoned their full carts and just walked away, probably miffed that they missed out on participating in the felony theft of groceries.
    The story goes on to report that one woman who racked up $700 worth of groceries had only 49 cents on her card. That's $699.51 in theft.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser in Cavalry Blue

That wasn't exactly the Event I was hoping for.

3. Back To Top    #93
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I use a card when I shop , says VISA on it, but here's the thing ...

At the stores I shop at they have an electronic reader I have to slide it through , it will either accept it or not accept it.

Louisiana might want to get some of the newer devices I see in any and all stores I frequent.

... or, I might just come down to Louisiana and say: trust me I'm good for it (ha ha LOL )

If Obamacare is illegal ?

So, why doesn't someone who knows the law do something about it ?
    Last edited by Hic; 10-14-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #94
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    I use a card when I shop , says VISA on it, but here's the thing ...

At the stores I shop at they have an electronic reader I have to slide it through , it will either accept it or not accept it.

Louisiana might want to get some of the newer devices I see in any and all stores I frequent.

... or, I might just come down to Louisiana and say: trust me I'm good for it (ha ha LOL )

If Obamacare is illegal ?

So, why doesn't someone who knows the law do something about it ?
    They have, and are doing. Problem is fighting a wanna-be dictator is time-consuming, energy-consuming, and most importantly, money-consuming. But there are a couple retired lawyers that have read ALL the pages of Obamacare, and that's more than people did to pass it in the first place. This indicates there is a fundamental (keyword in there is MENTAL) issue with how Congress and Senate work.

Because defunding it works for now, that's what was done. It at least buys time.

The problem with those who "know the law", most of them are also crooked as you well know. The payouts to their own bank account make them accomplices in a rouse.

5. Back To Top    #95
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle

6. Back To Top    #96
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

In 2006, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who was then governor of Massachusetts, signed off on a law requiring individuals of the state to purchase health insurance. American Bridge 21st Century, a Democratic opposition research group, on Wednesday released a 2006 video in which Romney says he is “very pleased” with the mandate.

“With regards to the individual mandate, the individual responsibility program that I proposed, I was very pleased that the compromise between the two houses includes the personal responsibility mandate. That is essential for bringing the health care costs down for everyone and getting everyone the health insurance they need," Romney says in the video.
    Lanson ~They have, and are doing.
    As long as you are happy with their incredible abilities - I'd get the word out so that they are re-elected.

The mandate, requiring every American to purchase health insurance, appeared in a 1989 published proposal by Stuart M. Butler of the conservative Heritage Foundation called "Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans," which included a provision to "mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance."

The Heritage Foundation "substantially revised" its proposal four years later, according to a 1994 analysis by the Congressional Budget Office. But the idea of an individual health insurance mandate later appeared in two bills introduced by Republican lawmakers in 1993, according to the non-partisan research group ProCon.org. Among the supporters of the bills were senators Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who today oppose the mandate under current law.
    Anyone else overjoyed at how the GOP is taking on Barack and showing him "We're not gonna take iT"
    Last edited by Hic; 10-15-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #97
    Real Name
    Lanson
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    As long as you are happy with their incredible abilities - I'd get the word out so that they are re-elected.

Anyone else overjoyed at how the GOP is taking on Barack and showing him "We're not gonna take iT"
    Rino's sadly rule the place, so I'm not surprised. The people I was speaking of before are NOT in electable position, but still are trying to make things happen to get these people out of office.

Reid (who comes from Nevada... we are so ashamed of him) is a dick and until he's removed, I wonder if Obama will be truly vulnerable.

Could be a two birds, one stone type of scandal that ruins them both. I'd be ok with that.

Also, I often think of that song whenever I think about politics. It is like an automatic switch.

8. Back To Top    #98
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

In addition to approving legislation to fund the government until late this year and avert a possible debt crisis, the potential Senate pact would set up broader budget negotiations between the GOP-controlled House and Democratic-led Senate. One goal of those talks would be to ease automatic spending cuts that began in March and could deepen in January, when about $20 billion in further cuts are set to slam the Pentagon.
    This one may pas - 2 days til we go over the edge

9. Back To Top    #99
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Mainstream conservatives were also unhappy. After shutting the government down for 15 days, they would get nothing — not even the meager concessions McConnell and Reid had been discussing.

The final blow came shortly after 5 p.m.,on Tuesday when Heritage Action for America, the powerful conservative group that drove Republicans to attack Obama’s health-care initiative, sent an e-mail urging lawmakers to vote no because the House bill “will do nothing to stop Obamacare’s massive new entitlements from taking root.”
    The reality is Lew will probably make it to almost November before we are out of dollars.

Here is a windfall - That’s because, barring action by lawmakers, the cap on total defense and domestic “discretionary” spending is set $19 billion lower for fiscal 2014, which begins Oct. 1.

No one wants another war (Syria), so I'd spend the xtra dollars on the problems here at home (Obamacare).
    Last edited by Hic; 10-16-2013 at 08:56 AM.

10. Back To Top    #100
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

A deal is made it will be announced shortly