Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #681

Re: Polihics

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    Well, he hasn't filed bankruptcy since becoming president so it looks like he's doing better for himself as president than doing real estate.

How does him kissing Putin's ass and blaming their attack on our election on us help the country?

Yeah look at all the jobs Harley is....... oh, nevermind. Well there's Indian.......oh, I guess they're planning on moving jobs overseas too. Hey at least Moog Music is stayi......oh. I could go on but I guess you're right, he is creating jobs.....in China.

How about all of the companies that are pocketing that tax cut instead of passing it on to employees or hiring more? Wouldn't it have been better to give more of a tax cut to the middle class so they're more likely to actually see some of it? Then there's all of the deductions they eliminated which will cause taxes to go up for many including myself most likely.

Regardless of where the coal is going it's still a dying industry and we'd be way better off focusing on creating jobs in renewable energy and more environmentally friendly fields that have much greater long term potential.
    ca90ss,

I'm in the energy sector. I can tell you, without any hesitation, that the "green" jobs in energy are much lower paying & less stable than traditional positions. I can also state that renewables are making it much more difficult to control voltage & reactive power on our transmission system as they are not required to support reactive needs of the system in the way that spinning mass(turbines) are(they are also much more susceptible to weather for production of "real" power, or megawatts). Finally, with the loss of rotational mass on the system, we are much more susceptible to frequency decay in times of trouble(think multiple line relay operations breaking up pathways).

If you would like to have a conversation about the structure/operation of our BES(bulk electric system) I'm willing, for educational purposes, as there is too much misinformation out there regarding generation types, BES capabilities & the future operation of our grid. Up until a few months ago I was a transmission system operator & a power plant operator before that, also hold a NERC System Operator license at the Reliability Coordinator level if you're curious about my qualifications to speak on this topic.

I'm going to refrain from comment on other areas as they are not my area of expertise. The area of energy, the Bulk Electric System at that, is a topic that I am intimately familiar with though.

2. Back To Top    #682

Quote Originally Posted by rmenergy View Post
    ca90ss,

I'm in the energy sector. I can tell you, without any hesitation, that the "green" jobs in energy are much lower paying & less stable than traditional positions. I can also state that renewables are making it much more difficult to control voltage & reactive power on our transmission system as they are not required to support reactive needs of the system in the way that spinning mass(turbines) are(they are also much more susceptible to weather for production of "real" power, or megawatts). Finally, with the loss of rotational mass on the system, we are much more susceptible to frequency decay in times of trouble(think multiple line relay operations breaking up pathways).
    Which is all the more reason to start focusing on renewable energy now. The fact is that coal (and oil and natural gas) is a finite resource and like it or not it we will have to switch over to renewable energy sources at some point so why not prepare ourselves while we still have time? Then there's the environmental impact of burning all of this coal. Does anyone remember LA or New York in the 70's or 80's?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59de460b92406c1e008b5d19-750-507.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	6522  

3. Back To Top    #683

I agree that there are great forms of renewable energy. Hydro, geothermal & solar thermal are all very useful. It’s too bad the political elite, especially in Ca, don’t favor these types of generation. Government subsidies seem to always go toward “easy to sell” sources or technologies that make large political donations. The major issue with current technologies is reactive power. The current plan is to mandate smart thermostats & appliances. This will give grid control operators the ability to shut off hvac, washer/dryers, refrigerators etc... during times of reactive needs.

4. Back To Top    #684
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Platforms ... meh

I want to vote for whomever is the BEST ! [ suspected crimes/sex/nationality ]. Next would be how much are they claiming to be worth

There a/b pick a politician crap ... meh
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #685
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-tape.amp.html

Michael Cohen recorded Trump

It behooves us to cover our ass !
    Last edited by Hic; 07-20-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #686
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...ys-hardba.html
    China not happy , kissing Donald Trump's W. W. A. !

7. Back To Top    #687
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

David Pecker( we had to pay her in order for Donald to be Prez , the lying/cheating and stealing may have cost this draft dodger the presidency ( except for his sheeple ) vote.

8. Back To Top    #688
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rea/index.html

Donald needs to "Fire Mueller !" ,or pull his own head out of the guillotine before . . .

9. Back To Top    #689
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa.../amp/826460002
    Donald worried hacking will be aimed @ republicans this time around. POTUS predicts dems will have control after midterms.

10. Back To Top    #690
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Primer on Chinese economy and our trade strategy.

IMO, Sundance does the work that msm refuses to do. He explains complex issues, connects dots, and analyzes the ramifications.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...confrontation/