Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OnlineCarStereo.com Do not buy from them!

1. Back To Top    #1

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

OnlineCarStereo.com Do not buy from them!

I ordered a PPI DSP.88R after calling to verify stock. They said it was in stock on 7/16. Order had not shipped as of 7/21 so I called again and they said it is indeed in stock and will be shipping from a different warehouse that day. Once again, it did not ship, so I called again to verify stock and they told me the unit was in stock. Today I receive an e-mail...here it is:

Dear Glenn Littrell,

Thank you for choosing OnlineCarStereo.com for your car audio and electronics needs. Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your order because one or more items in your order are currently unavailable. We do have similar, alternate items in stock and we would be more than happy to offer them to you instead.

Please contact our customer service department toll free at 888-615-5663 at your earliest convenience. You may contact a representative directly to discuss further options or answer any questions you may have:

joseph.m@onlinecarstereo.com Ext 220
    luis@onlinecarstereo.com Ext 205
    juan.lopez@onlinecarstereo.com Ext. 206

Thanks again for shopping at www.OnlineCarStereo.com!

Please avoid frustration and don't order from these liars.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: OnlineCarStereo.com Do not buy from them!

Dang, sorry to hear about this Mr. Glenn. Are they refunding you the money?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Dang, sorry to hear about this Mr. Glenn. Are they refunding you the money?
    They are supposed to, but it takes a little while before I see it on Paypal
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Back To Top    #4

Several years back, I had a few smooth transactions with ocs. Their low prices sucked me in, but the more I used them, the more they didn't have in stock what their website listed. I became irritated and started calling before I ordered. The sales people....After a long wait, would assure me items were in stock, then after the order was placed, they wouldn't be.......After a few times of this happening, I requested that hands be laid on product before I ordered......I also learned to call the sales line for any reason, as that was the only line that was consistently answered. All in all just became too much hassle to even deal with them, prices be damned. I swore them off, and haven't even considered any purchases with them in over two years........worst customer service ever!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

That's a real shame, I hope everything gets taken care of. It's stuff like this that makes me leery of getting anything from them.

6. Back To Top    #6

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle

They did finally refund my money, all is good.
    -Albert Einstein

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

You're not alone Glenn. I ordered a cd player from them. Said it was in stock and took their time shipping it. When my package arrived, it was NOT the one I had ordered. When I called they said " Yes Mr Steve, we went ahead and upgraded you to the next model up...free of charge." Interesting how the upgrade was actually a less expensive model. After their repeated attempts to get me to accept the "upgrade", I made them take it back and refund me. They never had the unit I ordered in stock and pulled a switch on me with a less expensive model...knowingly. It wasn't a mistake, it was planned. I received no notification or contact to inquire if that was acceptable or to simply tell me it was out of stock. It's just bad business practice.

8. Back To Top    #8

+1 for brick and mortar stores. At least you can see whether they have it or not.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

You know, I used to be the type that would buy anything online to save a few bucks. In the past few years though, I've come to appreciate the finer service and reliability of a good B&M. Not to mention, when it comes to specialty shops you establish and build some relationships with people which is also nice. I find quite a bit of value in seeing someone eye to eye and having them stand behind their product.

10. Back To Top    #10

Werd