Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground Zero (Scott & Brandon)

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Ground Zero (Scott & Brandon)

The first time I had ever heard any Ground Zero equipment was at a NC meet while checking out Glenn's XB install.
    I was really impressed, and after talking with Scott at the OKC meet, decided to try some out for myself. I ordered a pair of Radioactive 18's and they got the subs to me in just a few days. I was really impressed with the looks and build quality of the subs, and I posted pics in my build log.

After looking at the pics, Scott sent me a text asking if there were scuff marks on the surround. I told him that I had opened the boxes at night and hadn't noticed any scuff marks, yet one of the subs had a squeak when I pressed down on the cone. Scott immediately replied that he would send out another one in the morning with a return label. Needless to say, I was impressed. I told him, that it didn't really sound like voice coil rub so I wasn't sure if it would be an issue, but hold off a day so I could hook it up and do some testing. He replied that he wants customers to get stuff in pristine condition, but he would go ahead and get it ready just in case.

After running some power to it, the squeak didn't sound out while being played, but under better lighting conditions, I could see the scuff marks that he was talking about. I sent a message back and told him that I hate to be a pain, but I would like to swap it. He replied that it was no big deal and he just wants to make the customer happy. At least he didn't tell me to just paint over the damage

Bottom line...a decent company has good customer service during a sale. Excellent companies have good customer service even after the sale.

Kudos to the guys at Ground Zero

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ground Zero (Scott & Brandon)

Wow, now that's customer service! Just like Al, Glenn's ride was my first exposure to gz as well. Needless to say I was impressed as well, truly fine looking, and sounding gear. Glenn's beautiful install is an excellent showcase for this relatively scarce brand, and is surely gonna bring attention anywhere he displays it! I can't wait to hear Glenn's latest updates, as well as Al's new sub setup!

3. Back To Top    #3

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

You aren't going to have bad customer service if Scott or Brandon can help it. Both of them will go out of their way for you. I'm glad to be affiliated with them and GZ.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

All of my interactions with Scott have been awesome. Even when I messed up, he helped me out tremendously. Their customer service and quality products makes it difficult for me to think of using other stuff. I blame Glenn for this...

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

nice review.
    Team Linear Power / Hyper Lights ... 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Have to agree, Scott left a really good impression on me when I met him in person in OKC. And not only did I buy a GZ sub that day, he happened to have the one Shauna was lusting over when they decided her existing sub wasn't functioning quite right. If a GZ product will fit my needs and where I intend to put it I'll likely stick with them from now on. Now only time will tell if Al will unleash that beast of an amp he has on that pair of 18's he just got. Or just keep the output in the low 130's with just a small tickle
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

That's great to hear! Glad to hear of good companies again with so many going the opposite direction.
    Al will most likely keep it in the 110-115 range you'd have to drug him like Mr. T on the Ateam getting on a plane to get it to 120-130. Lol

8. Back To Top    #8

We talked about running their products in my ride. We set up a time to meet at ces last year. I was blown off twice. Not a great way to start but again not saying their products are bad by any means. Probably just an isolated incident. My friend marks Acura sounds great with all gz

9. Back To Top    #9

Met the guys at Heat Wave this year, and they are great guys. I didn't buy anything, just shot the shit, snapped a few photos and talked products. Would not hesitate at all to buy from them. GZ has some really nice looking products. If only I could afford a Reference amp...
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    We talked about running their products in my ride. We set up a time to meet at ces last year. I was blown off twice. Not a great way to start but again not saying their products are bad by any means. Probably just an isolated incident. My friend marks Acura sounds great with all gz
    It was unfortunate that we were not able to meet up with you. CES was a very busy time for us, no excuse though. I do recall Scott trying to reschedule with you but you'd already returne home or were busy with another meeting.
    We will return to CES this coming January, in our own booth. I would welcome a meeting with you then or on one of my visits to California.