Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Static crackling help

1. Back To Top    #1

Static crackling help

So to begin ill give a break down of my stereo as it sits right now
    Pioneer hu
    Rf t1 components in front doors
    Kenwood 5x7 in rear doors.
    So my issue im having right now is im getting crackling and static like sound at higher volume. And when I turn my ignition on my rear left speaker pops. I believe im hearing more of the static crackling noise out of my tweeter more then the mid. I dont think their blown because I just took the components out of my old car and put them in my truck now this. And a little back story I had rf 2 ways in the front doors and this last week they started sounding snappy like crackling at volume between 38 and 62 on my deck. So I thought they were blown thats why I replaced them with the components and now all 4 speakers sound like this.
    Can anybody please help.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Static crackling help

So speakers are powered off head unit? If so, and the sound is coming from your old speakers and the new, I'd say the problem is coming from the head unit. Do you have access to another to swap in for a check?

3. Back To Top    #3

I would have to take the deck out of my girls car. She has a pioneer too. The deck powers the speakers.

4. Back To Top    #4

So, did ya find anything?

5. Back To Top    #5

Nope.

6. Back To Top    #6

So different head.....same result....multiple speakers....same result.....Sounds like it's got to be a wiring issue my friend......

7. Back To Top    #7

Samr head. Just put the orginal speaker in and it sounds like a fly flapping its wings like crackle when I raise the volume past 35. I have a set of kenwood 5x7 im going to try and of its not that im going to see if sonic electronic will send me out a new headunit. I just bought the 5600hd a few months ago.

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh......so you never swapped the head unit?

9. Back To Top    #9

No havent been able to rip apart the dash on my girls cavi to get her pioneer out to test that

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

It may be a long shot, but I had an intermittent problem before and it turned out that one of the wiring connectors had a stray strand sticking out and was either touching metal or the other terminal, I don't recall. Have you tried swapping channels behind the headunit? If the symptoms start showing up on another speaker, you will know it's the headunit.