Thread: Rice Rice Baby!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Rice Rice Baby!

In this thread I'm gonna post all the pics as I take my Tiburon GT from this:

to this:

Just kidding.

Though I am doing some vehicle modding, though it's manly taking the NA trim interior and returning it to KDM spec. For some reason we got the privilege of having black on black on black interior here but in Korea the got stuck with having titanium trim on the doors, center console, and shifter (what a hardship).

For my birthday I got the KDM door pulls and latches as well as replacement latch covers (the stock ones had the rubberized coating scratched to shit for some reason) and I finally got a chance to install them today.

Before pass side didn't get a shot of the driver (and yes the latch was broken, though not when I bought it):

After (I also replaced the passenger side switch trim since it was also scratched up and the whole assembly cost me 5 bucks and the pick and pull):

and the driver side (how the fuck the panel got that scratched i have no idea but I decided that I'm just gonna replace both with the silver KDM versions in the near future):

This was a surprisingly easy job and I was very impressed in how the door cards are attached to the door, now I just need the KDM shift knob, center vent trim, radio bezel, and window switch trim plates.

aside from the body colored beauty panels and the autotragic this is the end result I hope to achieve.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Re: Rice Rice Baby!

Nice. What does it look like under the door panel? That grille looks rather large for just a 6.5.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: Rice Rice Baby!

I had a feeling that a question like that would come up so I took pictures:

but yeah the cut out is actually about 7 1/2" and the way the mid protrudes from the door it all goes togeather like a bazooka tube of sorts.

doors also had a surprising amount of "sound deadener" given the how cheap the cars original MSRP, the same year celica has the yellow foam piece and that's it.
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 07-02-2014 at 02:08 PM.