Thread: What is wrong with kids nowadays?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

What is wrong with kids nowadays?

My nephew was always a good kid growing up, always did what he was told, and never got into any real trouble. It seems like as soon as he turned 16 three years ago, he turned into a complete useless fucktard. His parents gave him a used Mustang which got totaled. For graduation, they gave him a brand new Mazda 3 which he has trashed, letting his friends smoke in it, etc.

He graduated in 2012 and still hasn't found a job nor is he going to school. He does some menial labor for extra money such as yard work, but he lacks any motivation. My mom hired him to cut back some overgrowth creeping into the yard form a vacant lot next door, but she told me that she had to stand there and basically tell him each individual branch to cut.

He claims that he has applied for jobs at several different companies, one of which is the one I work for (pipe mill, hard labor...he would never last). He will be 20 in December and apparently has no future plans. It's sad when shit like this happens in your own family.

:damnmate:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is wrong with kids nowadays?

sad but fairly common these days ... the job market is HARD for people with no experience and most kids are used to sitting around playing video games, not doing actual work.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

In MOST, no all mind you, but MOST cases- you can blame parents and the kids they hang with. People are a product oftheir environment. They aren't born lazy bastards with no motivation, they are molded that way. If he's allowed to continue to suckle on the teet of mom and dad, where's the motivation to get his ass in gear? He probably doesnt have a girlfriend either because any self respecting chick worth a damn doesn't put up with that shit.

When you leave your kids to their own devices and let TV and video games raise them, this is what you get.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I agree fully. My aunt says he has a GF now who looks like she's going to whip him into shape. We'll see...

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    sad but fairly common these days ... the job market is HARD for people with no experience and most kids are used to sitting around playing video games, not doing actual work.
    That's because actual work doesn't pay.

I used to shingle. Ask Fric

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    In MOST, no all mind you, but MOST cases- you can blame parents and the kids they hang with. People are a product oftheir environment.
    This is why I don't have any friends.

Lmao

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, our society has downplayed honest blue collar work. Made it seem almost shameful.