Thread: Uranium GZUF 60SQ

1. Back To Top    #1

Uranium GZUF 60SQ

The Ground Zero Uranium line stands for affordable Sound Quality products and does
    feature already an outstanding 165 mm / 6.5” Mid woofer as well as 25 mm / 1” Tweeter
    which are also available as a set. However, an efficient and powerful midrange driver was
    missing. And that is how and why the brand new GZUF 60SQ has been developed which is
    available right now!

Technically, there are similarities to the previous GZPM 60SQ, but several important things
    have been improved, such as the basket. To extend the mounting possibilities, the
    mounting plates have been removed. Therefore, a round, black anodized aluminum ring for
    front mounting and a steel spring for rear mounting were added. Also the rear ventilation
    became bigger to improve the sound quality and reduce standing waves. The new GZUF
    60SQ comes with a black anodized aluminum cone and a convex dust cap, directly
    connected to the voice coil former to realize also an excellent full range performance up to
    20kHz. The powerful neodymium magnet system with integrated copper cap for impedance
    linearizing and distortion minimizing comes with compact outer dimensions for easy
    installation.

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/...gzuf-60sq.html

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Uranium GZUF 60SQ

Interesting... that graph is fantastic! Looks like a superb option for us SQ peoples
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Vehicle
    Abarth Punto Evo / 3G Prelude / Saab NG900 Turbo

I'm using the precursor to this one from 300 Hz ad infinitum and all I can say is WOW! Very nice full range driver. Did take long to break in though. Around 150 hours in, there's more treble and the mids got a bit more laid back. Which is a good thing.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Looks good. If I decide to go German with the fronts I'll give them a shot.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

Just wanted to update this thread. We got a few sets of these in. Nice little midrange. The aluminum trim ring for surface mounting is really nice.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

VERY interesting indeed...
    Are you not entertained?!?!

9. Back To Top    #9

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

I wanted these when I bought all my gear, but they weren't available yet...just look at them...beeeeautiful.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein