Thread: The site crash

1. Back To Top    #21

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: The site crash

I guess you guys notice that we has some site problems yesterday, and here's the deal: I registered CAJ back on 2/3/13, and every year the domain auto-renews. I should say it usually renews, because this time it didn't. When it didn't renew, the registrar put into 'canceled' status, and most people started seeing an error screen when trying to enter. The odd thing is that other people could get in just fine, I could get in on my work PC but not from my phone. I was chatting when it went down and I didn't even know about any problems until people started texting me.

I went to the registrar's website to see what was up, and sure enough it was showing cancelled but wouldn't give me an option to renew. I then called tech support and the guy fiddled with his computer and made it allow a payment. Once the payment finally went thru, I thought it would take a few minutes to update the system. I waited for hours, and still no change in status...it showed next renewal date as 2/3/17 but cancelled. I opened a trouble ticket and after a few hours they replied that the WHOIS data was showing the correct info, so it would probably take a few more hours for the domain to propagate. I got home last night and couldn't get in at all...and finally went to bed at 3am but it still wasn't working properly. I woke up this morning and everything seems to have worked its way out.

I want to transfer the domain to name.com where I have a bunch of others and can register it for 5 years at a time, but transferring a domain is a major PITA and the site would probably be down for another day or so.

Anyway, sorry for the site down-age. Hopefully it won't happen again.

3. Back To Top    #23