Thread: +5v on remote out from head unit

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry +5v on remote out from head unit

Hello. Having problems with my whole wiring system. I had noise havent been able to check that its gone now. But my problem atm is im getting +5v out of the blue/white remote out of the head unit when its off and when its on. It will turn on my dsp but then the amps wont come on after that. Its a Boss w/bluetooth 9" lcd hu, Also i have a 5 farad pyle cap, and the dsp is stetsom soni had to learn Spanish and Portuguese, lol jk.i had or still have noise coming from the altenator so i now have a 400amp alt.i have 2 noise suppressors one for constant power from the battery and one off the ignition for acc power. To the hu.any help would be so appreciated. I've not been able to thump any music for awhile. Sad!! Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Post Re: +5v on remote out from head unit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryyker1A69 View Post
    Hello. Having problems with my whole wiring system. I had noise havent been able to check that its gone now. But my problem atm is im getting +5v out of the blue/white remote out of the head unit when its off and when its on. It will turn on my dsp but then the amps wont come on after that. Its a Boss w/bluetooth 9" lcd hu, Also i have a 5 farad pyle cap, and the dsp is stetsom soni had to learn Spanish and Portuguese, lol jk.i had or still have noise coming from the altenator so i now have a 400amp alt.i have 2 noise suppressors one for constant power from the battery and one off the ignition for acc power. To the hu.any help would be so appreciated. I've not been able to thump any music for awhile. Sad!! Thanks for your help in advance.
    Well, come to find out or figure out somehow the Boss head unit broke probably by me trying to get rid of all the noise from the altenator. Anyhow looking at new head units now favoring JVC. W/Bluetooth anyone have any recommendations or favorites or cheap replacements let me know.thanks

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: +5v on remote out from head unit

You can always just tap the switched wire so the amps come on/off with the key. You might get a turn on pop but that should be the worst of it.