Thread: Seeking Information for Optimizing Sound Quality: Audio Art 12 RW Subwoofer

1. Back To Top    #1

Seeking Information for Optimizing Sound Quality: Audio Art 12 RW Subwoofer

I owna 12-inch Audio Art Subwoofer, an Old School model. However, I don'tknow much about it. I only know that it's a 12 RW model from theReference line, with a 400W RMS power rating. I would like to build abox focused on sound quality (SQ), but these are the only parametersI have. If anyone has information about the other parameters orpossesses the manual and could provide me with the information, Iwould greatly appreciate it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: Seeking Information for Optimizing Sound Quality: Audio Art 12 RW Subwoofer

That's a hard one to search for. I wish they used some less common words other than "art" and "audio" and "reference".

Do you have access to something like a Dayton Audio DATS? That can measure your woofer and give you all the numbers you need. If you're electronically savvy, you can do some DIY stuff to measure the numbers without a DATS also.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Seeking Information for Optimizing Sound Quality: Audio Art 12 RW Subwoofer

I don't have access to anything that can perform these measurements.

I Just Found found these images in a WhatsApp group.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDIO ART SUB 1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	18670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDIO ART SUB 2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	18671

But thank you for the help, I will keep searching.