Thread: Selling car, removing equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Selling car, removing equipment

Hey everyone,

I'm finally selling my Accord, and I want to pull out my amps and DSP. I will probably leave the Kenwood HU in because I think it'll be too much work getting the old plate back in. Can someone confirm my logic is correct for removing and connecting the speakers to the HU. I should be able to just take the signals from the HU and splice it into the speaker wires that are leaving the amp right?
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: Selling car, removing equipment

That could work if the head unit has a small amplifier built in.

If you share what model radio you have, we could help you check that.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    That could work if the head unit has a small amplifier built in.

If you share what model radio you have, we could help you check that.
    Whoops, forgot to put that in my signature, it's a Kenwood DDX9906XR does have an amp I believe.
    2014 Honda Accord LX

4. Back To Top    #4

A quick glance at the Pioneer website doesn't mention a built-in amplifier that you can connect directly to speakers. To be super sure, you can look at the back of it and see if there are connectors/wires for speakers. If all you have are RCA connectors, then the answer to your question is "no".
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    A quick glance at the Pioneer website doesn't mention a built-in amplifier that you can connect directly to speakers. To be super sure, you can look at the back of it and see if there are connectors/wires for speakers. If all you have are RCA connectors, then the answer to your question is "no".
    I believe it does when I am looking at this. I don't recall plugging in RCAs into my HU, but I'll double check. It looks like either way there are speaker outs, it'll just take me more work if I have to run wire.

https://i.imgur.com/zNvk3Q4.png
    2014 Honda Accord LX

6. Back To Top    #6

Ahh, okay. Good.

Most cars will have factory wiring from behind the radio all the way to the speakers. You might be able to remove the aftermarket stuff and use the original wiring in the car without having to run anything new.
    Do it for them.