Thread: The pitfall of auto-pay

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The pitfall of auto-pay

Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years

PONTIAC, MI (CNN) - For years, the payments went out of the woman's bank account.
    Nobody batted an eyelid. Bills were paid. And life went on as normal in the quiet neighborhood of Pontiac, Michigan.
    Neighbors didn't notice anything unusual. The woman traveled a lot, they said, and kept to herself. One of them mowed her grass to keep things looking tidy.
    At some point, her bank account ran dry. The bills stopped being paid.
    After its warnings went unanswered, the bank holding the mortgage foreclosed on the house, a common occurrence in a region hit hard by economic woes.
    Still, nobody noticed what had happened inside the house. Nobody wondered out loud what had become of the owner.
    Not until this week, when a worker sent by the bank to repair a hole in the roof made a grisly discovery.
    The woman's mummified body was sitting in the backseat of her car, parked in the garage. The key was halfway in the ignition.
    Authorities say they believe the woman died at least six years ago. They're still trying to figure out what happened.
    "I've been doing this 37 years. Never seen anything like this before," said Undersheriff Mike McCabe of Oakland County, Michigan, just outside Detroit.

More here...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Re: The pitfall of auto-pay

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=22187&filename=mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	2331
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!