Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Sound Deadening

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: New Sound Deadening

Quote Originally Posted by astrochex View Post
    Thanks, Scott.

I understand why you may not want to publish temperature numbers, but please do if you can.

And please let us know when you find out about water retention and the SA product.
    Its not a matter of not wanting to, I just do not have that data. I will see if I can obtain it. But this is not their first go at sound deadening. We have other products that are manufactured in Germany, they carry the made in Germany price tag though. The products are sold all across the globe. They use GZ sound deadening in places much hotter than most of the US with no problems.

The SA product is not made to be in wet/moist areas like inside of the door cavity. It is made to be on the interior of the car between panels. The ML will be fine in the door cavity.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Gotcha. I don't mean to be difficult, I am interested in the SA product and want to understand how I might be able to use it in my build.

Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #13
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

I installed some of the GZDM-3700-AB today, and must say that I was very impressed with it. Very sticky, very flexible and is very effective.

4. Back To Top    #14

Glad to hear We have a good bit of all 3 products coming in at the end of this month.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle

Scott, did the SA product come in?

Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #16

Looks like my shipment should be hitting the warehouse on Tuesday, we will have plenty of all 3 different ones.

7. Back To Top    #17
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

I have plenty on order. Looking forward to using all 3. The Charger will get it's fair share.

8. Back To Top    #18

SA is in stock now, along with the ML and AB, we have had it for a few weeks now. Dealers and users have really been liking it all.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle

Scott, is one of the goals of the SA material to negate the need for MLV? Did Ground Zero do any comparisons between the SA and MLV for sound blocking capability? Thanks for any parameters and results you can provide.

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by astrochex View Post
    Scott, is one of the goals of the SA material to negate the need for MLV? Did Ground Zero do any comparisons between the SA and MLV for sound blocking capability? Thanks for any parameters and results you can provide.
    I would not say it negates mlv. It has some sound absorbtion properties, but it is really good for putting between the door card and inner metal door or any other panel, to help stop vibrations. It is not a water resistant product due to not being a closed cell product. So do not use it inside the door cavity. The ML can work in there.