Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: claydo's rebuild log..........

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Re: claydo's rebuild log..........

I like it more is better. :-)
    I started my build myself finally, but between honey do list, weather, sickness, and funds it is taking forever. I may start a build log over here. Started on my a pillars too. I think I need to start over and do more testing before I glass. I will need to focus on my kicks I guess first but the drivers I want won't ship until a week or too before the meet and I absolutely despise doing things twice.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #22

That build log......do eet!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Sup silky, glad to see ya over here....welcome. I started this....then had the weather go south on me....or at least the temperature, lol. From the initial listening experiments this new setup should give me some depth improvements. While my stage was well behind the speakers, and imaged quite well, I never had the 3d separation I wanted within the stage. I think these changes should help with that issue, and retain the stage size and imaging I was getting with the 4's. I'm also hoping for increased dynamic ability. While quite loud as it is, the midbasses and the 4's are matched up on output, and I have future plans for more in the midbass department. When this happens I'll need more from my mids, and the 4's are tapping out as is........
    LOL that's exactly what I thought when I heard your car. If it was just more dynamic and if the band started at the front bumper. I get the constant improvement though. I'll stop being a smart a now. I did notice less definition between the layers of the stage. You had great total depth but less definition on the layers of the band. I thought it might just be the material. This time I'll bring some of my material. We decided last minute at the fall meet. I did really like the texture of those bamboo mids. Wow what a bargain they are. So are these the mids you have decided on because off axis response can very considerably from driver to driver so I'd try to get what you plan on using while positioning.

Claydo The man!!! Keep it up its looking great.

Please someone help my brother out get him a tweet with 12mm xmax and min 500watts Pmax, and a 4" mid with 22-26mm xmax 1000w Pmax to keep up with this man!!

4. Back To Top    #24

Tis true silky, some people laugh when I say I want more volume.....lol, but I'm a bit of a closet metal head, and when the maiden moment hits....I must rock! Yes those tangs are quite tha bargain, and when I got them, before the Neo hike, they were only 37 bucks each......and yer right on tha total depth, its nice.....just wanting that seperation....

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

I still looking forward to getting some seat time listening to the improvements.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Did you get to do any work! Finely got some done on my a pillars and a buddy's this weekend. Just Bondo sanding, painting or covering and determining final tweet locations. I want to see where you are going with this abs rod trick. The suspense is killing me!! :-) :-)

Last edited by silkyslim; 03-09-2014 at 10:53 PM.

7. Back To Top    #27

Hate to say it, but build is takin a back seat for a little while. Gotta tend to some other business, unfortunately it could be for an extended period of time, depending on the outcome.........but I'll definitely get back to it eventually.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Interesting build thread. I'm tuned in !!!
    Team Linear Power / Hyper Lights ... 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Hate to say it, but build is takin a back seat for a little while. Gotta tend to some other business, unfortunately it could be for an extended period of time, depending on the outcome.........but I'll definitely get back to it eventually.
    Sorry to hear how it's not serious. Good luck buddy let me know if I can help. I hope everything works out.

Just curious as to your plan with using the abs rod.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    Sorry to hear how it's not serious. Good luck buddy let me know if I can help. I hope everything works out.

Just curious as to your plan with using the abs rod.

Hope it's not serious.