Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: claydo's rebuild log..........

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: claydo's rebuild log..........

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    ooooooohhhhhh.... sub'd to this thread, man. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to come up with!
    Here's hoping I end up with some improvements on a setup that I still enjoy, just am tired of looking at....Ive got lots of ideas.....ill throw it all up and see what sticks.....lol

2. Back To Top    #12

Ok....went in search of some materials today......dammit, has to ship from Chicago! With the rough weather dude told me don't hold my breath! So I'm kinda held up for a few days.............Hmmmmpppfff....

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That sucks

Liking your progress so far though!

Mmmm... and Diamond Hex goodness... my favorite 5 1/4" driver EVAR!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoAlly View Post
    Love that first pic with the multiple reflections on the glass. That should tell you something.
    Gotta love those reflections no amount of tuning will remedy
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #15

Dammit, homeboy wasn't kidding when he said don't hold yer breath.....was hoping on a call today that never came. So, still patiently waiting........

6. Back To Top    #16

Cool, 3/8" ABS bar stock is heat formable........I knew it should be, but when I got it in my hand, and saw how stiff it was, I had my doubts about working with it. As you can see in the pic, once heated, it will work into any shape ya want. It comes out looking like it was molded like that, just keep yer distance with the heat, too close and it will blister......

7. Back To Top    #17

Got a little start today......figured I needed to get my base going for the enclosures. While the shaping process was a Cakewalk, my adhesive plan needs re-evaluating. Looks like some type of small screw is gonna be required to help bond the roundbar in the odd shapes I'm requiring.......

Here's the area that the enclosure is going to fit......

Same thing sans pillar plastic......

My handy dandy flexible measuring stick, with basic shape bent in.......

Aaaand here's the tweaked in shape of the base....man forming this stuff is sooo easy! If my adhesive plan to join this into a solid piece would have worked I'd have gotten both sides done......

So, I need some little screws to help my glue bond. Dead in the water again....oh well, I'm sleepy....ill get screws after work in tha mornin.......hopefully more tomorrow!

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

looks like an official start of work. I am keeping an eye on this one

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Subbed pretty big changes here. I was impressed with the stage before can't wait to hear the improvements. How has it improved with the temp changes?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #20

Sup silky, glad to see ya over here....welcome. I started this....then had the weather go south on me....or at least the temperature, lol. From the initial listening experiments this new setup should give me some depth improvements. While my stage was well behind the speakers, and imaged quite well, I never had the 3d separation I wanted within the stage. I think these changes should help with that issue, and retain the stage size and imaging I was getting with the 4's. I'm also hoping for increased dynamic ability. While quite loud as it is, the midbasses and the 4's are matched up on output, and I have future plans for more in the midbass department. When this happens I'll need more from my mids, and the 4's are tapping out as is........