Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: claydo's rebuild log..........

1. Back To Top    #1

claydo's rebuild log..........

Sup guys, looks I can finally have a build log! In the current itteration, my install is not very well documented. I've caught a lot of flack for this, but, I'm fairly new to this online discussion deal, and only discovered build logs after most of my current gear was installed. So after spending a couple years with this setup, I'm longing to try something new. I've tuned the wheels off of it, and while still making me smile regularly, I crave more depth to my soundstage. Whether this is a shortcoming of my midrange drivers, or instal.....well can't say for sure.....all I know is I'm changing it. My pods have served me well, but I hate how they hang my drivers out in the weather when exiting the car....and just the general look of the "angry snowmen" is bugging me.......I guess I could have named the thread clay ditches his pods...lol. so, enough with the stories.......on to version three. My current front end is made up of tang band 4" midranges in pods with vifa titanium ne tweets. The doors house some old school kicker ssmb8 midbasses. The vifas are staying for now, but they will be accompanying some 5" diamond audio hex midranges.......until I can aquire their replacements. I have a different driver in mind.....and it shares dimensions with the diamonds...so the diamonds are standing in until the others arrive.........here is what she currently looks like......

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: claydo's rebuild log..........

Shit's real now son!

Do I spy me a sexy 800PRS?

3. Back To Top    #3

Too clean. Needs more chaos. Get to it, man!

And remember - whenever you find yourself in need of motivation, you know how to reach me. I'm always up for some inspirational smack-talking.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Dean
    Vehicle
    2006 Lexus IS350

Nice! Glad to see you doing a build log Clay. I had just logged in to update mine and saw yours at the top. Can't wait to see your updates bro!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I'm good with just about anything Diamond of that vintage.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    Shit's real now son!

Do I spy me a sexy 800PRS?
    Yes....now I guess I have to do something....lol.......youre spying my old faithful 880 prs, she sounds sweet, but is short on sexy since I wore the chrome off her knobs......

Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    Too clean. Needs more chaos. Get to it, man!

And remember - whenever you find yourself in need of motivation, you know how to reach me. I'm always up for some inspirational smack-talking.
    Don't worry.....the chaos is coming! And if I get in a rut, I know where to go for inspiration/shaming.......lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Slammer View Post
    Nice! Glad to see you doing a build log Clay. I had just logged in to update mine and saw yours at the top. Can't wait to see your updates bro!
    I've never had one......so get ready for lots if bad typing! I enjoy watching everyone else's logs, so its time I contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    I'm good with just about anything Diamond of that vintage.
    Yes, I know you're a diamond fan kendal! Unfortunately the drivers ill be using aren't the Eaton sourced hex's that everyone loves, but I ran them for a while in a previous car mounted in the kicks, and best I remember they sounded great. How they sound will determine how long they stay in anyways, like I stated above, I have another driver in mind.

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh.....and in my origional post I listed my midbass drivers, but left out my plans there. I'm looking to try something a little different there too, but ill save that until I get somewhere with the new mids and tweet locations.

Its still really early in the process, so don't expect rapid updates.....but it should accelerate once I get going. This evening I snapped a couple of pics while doing some listening/experimenting. Initial impressions are that I may be on to something!

8. Back To Top    #8

Love that first pic with the multiple reflections on the glass. That should tell you something.

9. Back To Top    #9

Doh!.......side and windshield clear as a bell....that can't be good, huh? The listening tests are interesting, change it a lil, and listen, then more......listen. Its crazy how much a few degrees of angle changes the sound. I could probably play like this for a long time......but ill have to settle soon........

10. Back To Top    #10

ooooooohhhhhh.... sub'd to this thread, man. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to come up with!