Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda Accord Sport

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Rich

Lightbulb 2013 Honda Accord Sport

So the Snotrocket is dead and it was replaced with a 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT. I wanted a 6MT but Honda only offers the Sport in black or grey. I won't own a black car and we already have another grey Accord. Obsidian Blue Pearl is what we picked.

This a picture I borrowed since I don't haven't taken any of my car yet. When I get the car cleaned up I will update the pictures.

This build will be fairly slow as I haven't decided yet on where the amps will be mounted and what I am going to do for the sub/s. The car has considerably more space than I am accustomed to having but this car will get packed to the gills and then some once a year for an extended road trip. I need to give up as little storage space as possible.

Amps will be Audison VRx 4.300 and 500.1. Not the most space efficient but I like them a lot and can't bear to part with them. Front stage will be some sort of combinatin of speakers I already have. Morel Ovation, Pioneer PRS, a/d/s and Polk SR.

I have a pair of SWR-823's and a TC Sounds Epic 8 proto that may used. I am very interested in trying an A.E. IB14AU if I can find a way to mount the amps in the absolute bare minimum lost trunk space.

Head unit will be stock since it is too much of pain to remove. I have a Rockford Fosgate 360.3 for processing duty. IF the factory head unit turns out to be the big suck I will find a way to shoe horn my blacked out Denford 8250 into a storage compartment in the dash.

Feel free to offer any suggestions or comments and bear with me as I probably will ask a lot of stupid questions in this thread.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Re: 2013 Honda Accord Sport

Snotrocket? I can't offer you any help with placement of anything because I'm not familiar with Hondas in general and I'm still a newb with this audio stuffs.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Oh it was a sweet Civic he had. Sorry to hear it is not the current ride anymore

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Any chance you want to part with the 8250?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Rich

This was the Snotrocket:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2483064IMAG0146.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	1987

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2280638P2090163.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	1988

Fun car to drive that handled pretty well and was fun to drive. Ran pretty good for an I4, 13.70's at close to 100mph in the 1/4. At the time the car was faster than my friend's 5.0 Stang so his wife named it the Snotrocket. Looked like snot and was fast.

This is what it looked like at it's demise:

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Any chance you want to part with the 8250?
    Ummmmm................no.

At least not at this time.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Yikes. It's demise really sucks. Isn't it funny how your Civic out ran a Mustang?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Rich

Yeap. Wasn't funny to my friend at the time. Granted this was back in 2000. He still owns the 5.0 but it is a lot faster now. It runs 10.80's on motor and should be well into the 9's when he gets the NO2 kit sorted out.

I still own the Snotrocket. I am in the process of the stripping it with the intentions of building another hatch in a couple of years when money permits. The engine and trans somehow mostly survived and there are a lot of other good parts I will be keeping before sending the shell/remainder to it's final resting place. Sad to see it go as I had been working on the car since April of 1999.

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry to hear about the civics demise, but can't wait to see and hear wat ya do with the accord!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Rich

So what are your thoughts on using the SWR823's infinite baffle in the rear deck? I already own them and if the info from Jim in the OTHER site's thread is correct they should work okay IB. However I can't seem to find some one that has actually done it to see what their thoughts are.

Big pluses.
    I own them.
    They fit my requirements of taking up zero trunk space.

Minuses
    They might suck IB.

Thoughts?

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Worth trying out. Would you build a baffle to mount the pair into the stock subwoofer location? Or cut holes to mount them both right in the rear deck?
    Are you not entertained?!?!