Some new items on their way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gz_lightning.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	647.6 KB 
ID:	1905

High Quality Damping
    Ground Zero widens their damping portfolio
    In Summer 2012, Ground Zero introduced their very first damping material to the market.
    Until now the GZDM 800-G, GZDF 2500-G and GZDF 300-G have been known as high quality damping material “Made in Europe”.
    Based on further market requests for more affordable damping material, Ground Zero decided to expand the line up of damping material with three additional items: GZDF 1600-SA, GZDM 1850-ML and GZDM 3700-AB.
    All of them are available now:
    The GZDF 1600-SA is self-adhesive and based on viscous polyurethane foam for vibration and maximum sound absorption and heat proofing. The gift box includes 8pcs of 15mm / 0.59” thick sheets. That's a total of 17.22 ft².
    The GZDM 1850-ML damping mat is a 4,5 mm / 0.18” thick, self-adhesive, flexible and elastic vibro-damping material. It´s a multilayer combination of aluminium butyl and a flexible damping foam for excellent sound absorbing. The gift box includes 20 panels which makes in total of 19.80 ft²
    The GZDM 3700-AB is a classical aluminium-butyl damping mat. It comes in a big gift box of 40pcs 1.7mm / 0.07” thick panels which is in total of 39.61ft²

Name:	GZ_News_GZDM 3700AB.jpeg 
Views:	625 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	1897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZ_News_GZDM 1850ML.jpeg 
Views:	926 
Size:	510.6 KB 
ID:	1898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZ_News_GZDM 1850ML Detail.jpeg 
Views:	589 
Size:	528.9 KB 
ID:	1899

2014 Plutonium SQ Line set a new level in SQ!
    New “Made in Germany” High End SQ line to be launched step by step over the next months
    When Ground Zero launched the legendary Plutonium Speaker Line almost 10 years ago, it did not only set a new level for max SPL (we’re talking about a 6.5” compo system!), it also won countless awards and reviews for Sound Quality too. Until today, the famous “GZPC 165SX” is still holding the 1st place of being “loudest high end speaker system”.
    So the benchmark for the 2014 Plutonium line up was clear: Using even better materials and top notch engineering standards, the new products should even outperform the “legendary 165SX” plus they should offer very flexible configurations for either active or passive use and 2-way as well as 3-way setups.
    Starting from the Tweeter, the new Plutonium Line is using the 28mm / 1.1” silk dome tweeter GZPT 28SX which is based on the Reference 28 with it’s outstanding performance, only minor changes done to the dome coating, motor and rear chamber. The brand new midrange, GZPM 80SQX, is an 80mm /3.15” driver, which uses a powerful neodymium motor as well as an high end magnesium cone. The wideband and detailed sound reproduction is significant. The brand new GZPK 16SQ, a 165mm / 6.5” mid woofer, rounds up the system. With its stiff and accurate damped aluminium cone which is ceramic anodised, this speaker performs absolutely precisely and powerful even up to 3000Hz.
    For both passive setups, 2 or 3-way, the 2014 Plutonium line offers new crossovers, using Mundorf Mcaps, high quality air coils and MOX resistors. And finally all of the drivers come in an exclusive wooden box, which is “Made in Germany” same as all the drivers.
    Below the overview of the new Plutonium Line :
    Drivers:
    GZPT 28SX 28 mm / 1.1” Silk dome tweeter (already available)
    GZPM 80SQX 80 mm / 3.15” Magnesium mid range (already available)
    GZPK 16SQ 165 mm / 6.5” Alu-Ceramic mid woofer (already available)
    Crossovers:
    GZPX 165SQ 2 way passive crossover set (available in Q1/2014)
    GZPX 16.3SQ 3 way passive crossover set (available in Q1/2014)
    Active sets:
    GZPC 165SQ-ACT 2 way active component set (already available)
    GZPC 16.3SQ-ACT 3 way active component set (already available)
    Passive sets:
    GZPC 165SQ 2 way passive component set (available in Q1/2014)
    GZPC 16.3SQ 3 way passive component set (available in Q1/2014)

Name:	Plutonium 3-way.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	1901

GZ launching new RCA cable line using the advantage of “π”
    When developing the new Premium RCA cable line, the targets were balanced Harmony in terms of Sound Quality as well as a strong conductivity for lower frequencies which simple means “dry and strong bass”. Both or these targets could be achieved by the selection of components, the conductor size and material (OFC) as well as applying homogeneously derived cable lengths from the circle constant “π” (Pi). In addition, all of the these new triple shielded RCA cables are featuring a solid metal RCA connector with black nickel providing strong contact to the dedicated terminal, an important feature for in-Car use.

The new Premium RCA comes with a protective nylon sleeve in black and yellow colour and is available in the following lengths; each packed in double blister packaging:

GZCC 0.57X-TP: 0.57m (1ft 10.5”) RCA Interconnect
    GZCC 1.14X-TP: 1.14m (3ft 8.9”) RCA Interconnect
    GZCC 3.14X-TP: 3.14m (10ft 3.6”) RCA Interconnect
    GZCC 5.49X-TP: 5.49m (18ft) RCA Interconnect

Retail prices are

GZCC 0.57X-TP: $23
    GZCC 1.14X-TP: $27
    GZCC 3.14X-TP: $34
    GZCC 5.49X-TP: $46

Name:	GZ RCA1.jpeg 
Views:	550 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	1902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZ RCA2.jpeg 
Views:	537 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	1903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZ RCA 3.jpeg 
Views:	474 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	1904

I will update this thread with Pricing info ASAP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZ_Logo.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	1900  

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Re: Some new items on their way

I may have to pick up a set of those GZCC 0.57X-TP: $23 interconnects.

3. Back To Top    #3

Cables look good. Do you have more spec's on them? resistance, capacitance, inductance, etc?

4. Back To Top    #4

Would you be interested in sending me some drivers to test and post the data to my site?
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    Cables look good. Do you have more spec's on them? resistance, capacitance, inductance, etc?
    I do not have those specs right now, but I will ask Ground Zeros Engineer In an email. It may take a couple of days or more to hear back from him.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Would you be interested in sending me some drivers to test and post the data to my site?
    Erin, at this time we would not pull product from our stock to send out for testing. Ground Zero utilizes an in house Klippel for their own testing. If there were a specific product someone wanted information on, I would try to get that info from GZ. However; since I have not asked for the info, I'm not sure if they would share all of that info. They may or may not. I do appreciate your offer though. Thank you for being willing to do that.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm not looking to just Klippel the item (LPM/LSI), but also measure frequency response, HD, and IMD.

I realize HD & IMD may not be possible, but frequency response on and off axis (ie; 0, 30, 60) would be very much appreciated. While LSI is great, the speaker's frequency response is in many cases more useful, especially if it's doing more than just sub/midbass duty.

I'd be curious to know if they could provide any of that info. I typically won't even consider a product unless I know some of the basics above. Not everyone shares my sentiments, but if they perform well, publishing that data would only help.

If you want to email me for any reason, feel free to do so.

Edit: If someone here has some they wouldn't mind sending to test, I'm fine with that. Just putting the offer out there to the community. I'm definitely interested at looking at the performance of these drivers because they look interesting and they're an up-and-coming thing. That kind of objective data is always great to have.