Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a shotgun!

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Help me find a shotgun!

Current bidding on used pump shotguns - http://www.gunauction.com/shop/shotg...le/pump-action

from 3 years ago - http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/how-mu...n-5474626.html

$ Used price about $150.00 to $175.00
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Have you checked the local pawn shops?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Some guns have interchangeable barrels

http://www.gundogmag.com/2010/09/23/...multiple_0810/

Remington 870 Magnum 12 gauge pump shotgun, rifle sight slug barrel and 28 inch Rem choke Vent Rib barrel. Condition is excellent.

Used $400.00
    The first shotgun of American manufacture to be offered with more than one set of barrels was probably the Winchester Model 21.
    It could be special-ordered with two and even three sets of barrels in the same gauge but of different lengths and choke constrictions.
    A 20-gauge Grand American shown in Ned Schwing’s wonderful book, The Model 21, has three sets of 26-inch barrels with three choke combinations, Skeet 1 and Skeet 2, Improved Cylinder and Modified, and Modified and Full.
    Barrel sets in various combinations such as .410 and 28 gauge or 20 and 28 gauge were also built by Winchester.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Of course you could always go the route I did and get a super cheap single shot 12 for home defense. I figure if I can't back em out a door/ window with one shot of 3" double aught buckshot, it'll at least have enough shock value to let me slap in another round. Then you could put yer money in a decent skeet gun for the main purpose. I like my single shot for its simplicity, short barrel, and 3" chamber.one thing that bothers me about hunting/skeet shot guns is the situation if someone already in the house, and having to clear rooms....the last thing I want is to have two foot of barrel precede my eyes into a room.....
    For HD,the last thing I want is single shot, even if it is 12ga. Ain't nobody got time for that! The more the better If I buy single-shot anything, it'll either be just for show, or a cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    It's in the feel as you hold it ! ( ribbed for her pleasure )

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    Have you checked the local pawn shops?
    ...In Birmingham? I'd prefer if they haven't already been used to commit a felony

I tend to avoid pawn shops. I'd probably buy one at a gun show or via armslist, etc. Have had good experiences thru there already with my Shield.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

The mossberg is an excellent choice. I've shot the remington that was mentioned but I really didn't like the safety on it. The mossberg's was much better IMO.

When you do get one, if you need/want accessories (grips, sights, stocks, etc.) let me know, I am a dealer for non FFL items

6. Back To Top    #16

gurl you know I'm gonna accessorize. She's gonna be faaaabulous!

Seriously tho, maybe you can hook me up with at least a stock and sights at the OKC meet

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Can do! Just let me know what you are looking for and I can probably get it.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    Mossberg 500 was a strong contender even before I wrote this. The matte black is sexy AF. Was the youth model barrel 24"? Ever gone skeet shooting with it? Whatever I get, it'll definitely spend most of its time blowing up clays.
    The youth model does have a short barrel. I'd have to measure to be sure what it is though. 24" sounds about right.
    I have never shot skeet with it but I did a lot of dove hunting growing up. It worked quite well for that.

I assume you'll be getting a 12ga but if you decide on a 20 afaik #3 buckshot is the biggest you can get. (someone else will verify, hell you probably already know this)

9. Back To Top    #19

Strongly leaning towards 12ga Kendal. Still open to others tho! Won't be buying for a few weeks (or whenever the next gun show is 'round these here parts), so I've got time to think it over yet.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

She was scared yesterday of recoil, today the boys was impressed !