Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find a shotgun!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help me find a shotgun!

Attention freedom-loving Americans!

I tried bringing this up on chatbox the other day, but it's chatbox and it got left in the dust pretty quick. Since a lot of you are also firearms enthusiasts, I thought it would be wiser to make a thread and ask some friends.

I am in the market for a nice home defense gun, as well as something fun to skeet shoot with, as that's probably my favorite thing ever. Being a college kid I am not really able to drop a ton of cash on it, so it's got to be something cheap-ish, so no Benellis yet. As far as aesthetics, I'm open to whatever. I like me some recoil, so that isn't a limiting factor. I'm familiar with the Remington 870, and I absolutely love it, but I'm leaning towards something new to me as opposed to tried-and-true. Pump and semi-auto are my top choices, but bolt and lever actions could be fun too.

Can't do pistols while in Alabama since I'm not a resident, so that's out for now.

I would like to hear what you guys own/have shot, what you liked, what you didn't like, etc.

Ready go.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Help me find a shotgun!

Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3

What the bloody hell even is a 'women's shotgun?' Lol! I've shot rifles bigger than me standing up (Mosin, 7.62x54R), so size/length/weight isn't really a point of concern high on my priority list. I'm shooting a gun, not playing a game of paintball. It should feel like a gun

The Win 1300 is beautiful, and definitely at the right price. It's too bad they're discontinued though. Could always browse armslist if it's worth it. Have you shot one Hic?

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I own a Mossberg 500 youth model 20ga (for my 10th b-day) and I also have a model 500 in 12 ga adult size. You know how tall I am....I still prefer the youth model.

5. Back To Top    #5

I love my 870, bought it with the intention of upgrading to something better later on. That was 12 years ago and I still haven't felt the need to upgrade yet.

6. Back To Top    #6

Mossberg 500 was a strong contender even before I wrote this. The matte black is sexy AF. Was the youth model barrel 24"? Ever gone skeet shooting with it? Whatever I get, it'll definitely spend most of its time blowing up clays.

The Remington 870 is like the Honda Civic of shotguns, IMHO. Except that I actually like the 870

7. Back To Top    #7

That's a wide range to cover, skeet and home defense! Those are the far ranges of a shotgun. For home defense short, light, and easy to handle, vs. Longer for distance, comfy at the shoulder, less recoil for the skeet gun.......when you think of protecting your domain, this comes to mind......
    http://www.mossberg.com/product/shot...t-forend/54129

But no skeet shooting with that thing!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quickly leaving affordable territory for me, too. Shame, cause that's the perfect compensation shotgun for me.

For now I'm leaning more towards skeet shooting gun that could do duty as HD if necessary, than the other way 'round. I don't think I'd prefer a bulky 12ga with 6 rounds to a small 9mm with 17 rounds in a tiny little apt like this if some crackhead comes through the door. Personal preference that comes down to mag capacity and not wanting to buy two shotguns at once for each purpose. But it's something to consider in the future when I'm not living in an insulated crate and have more spare money to burn on fun things.

9. Back To Top    #9

Of course you could always go the route I did and get a super cheap single shot 12 for home defense. I figure if I can't back em out a door/ window with one shot of 3" double aught buckshot, it'll at least have enough shock value to let me slap in another round. Then you could put yer money in a decent skeet gun for the main purpose. I like my single shot for its simplicity, short barrel, and 3" chamber.one thing that bothers me about hunting/skeet shot guns is the situation if someone already in the house, and having to clear rooms....the last thing I want is to have two foot of barrel precede my eyes into a room.....

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    What the bloody hell even is a women's shotgun?
    It's in the feel as you hold it ! ( ribbed for her pleasure )

Have you shot one Hic?
    My wife picked one out for herself, 20 gauge it has an extremely short barrel and holds tactical -vs- hunting amount of ammunition. [ This weapon comes with a five-shot tubular magazine (plus one in the chamber), fully loaded it holds six rounds of 2 3/4" or 3" 12 gauge rounds.] 12 guage model

http://voices.yahoo.com/winchester-m...-11181274.html
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]