Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Charger - Veronica

1. Back To Top    #61
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Re: 2012 Charger - Veronica

made a bit more progress this weekend. Thankfully Saturday was wonderful weather.

I started Friday by glassing up the driver side footwell for the midbass enclosure.

That turned out to be an issue when it wouldn't cure. I guess I should have done a test with my really old can of resin I let it sit overnight and it was still tack the next day. So, I did the next best thing, I got my 2nd can of really old resin, but different brand, whipped up a test batch. It cured fine. Great, put a couple more layers of mat down and put that in.

and... it didn't fully cure either... It did enough to pull the piece and it retain it's shape which was good enough for the time being.

So while I decided what do with that, I went ahead and build the mount for the Rane.

Just have to drill the holes for mounting to the trunk and mounting the rane itself and it's done.

Back to the enclosure, I decided to use what had, so I mated it to the baffle with success. I did got buy some new resin yesterday to finish it up though.

Needs to be cleaned up a bit and of course covered, but it pretty solid. I have 7 or 8 layers of 1.5oz mat in there so it is fairly stout.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Looking good.

3. Back To Top    #63
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Resin only has a 90 day shelf life. After that, well, you found out. You will be done with this before I am done with the Civic.

4. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

I know, I know.. Thought I could get away with it. I was wrong It was only, oh, a year old or so...

I might have mine playing before yours, but done, eh I don't know. I see LOTS of work in the trunk in my near future.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Couple of minor things done. I got the grills built and primed. They will actually be covered with carpet ultimately.

Yep, expanded metal. You won't get your foot trough these easily

Got the mount for the rane cleaned up and double checked for it. Got the rivnuts put in and primed it last night as well.

6. Back To Top    #66

Looking great. Can't wait to hear it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #67
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Just a couple of minor updates. I decided to change the framing for the amp rack. A bit less metal in this one and a bit less complicated.

Here is the backside started. I've already set up T nuts for the amps. The two bars here go across the middle of the amps.

Here it is all tied together.This view shows the 4 1/4" bolts that hold the wood panel to the frame. There will be two 1/4" bolts from the frame to the car.

Weather is supposed to be pretty good today and early next week so I hope to get quite a bit more done. We'll see..

8. Back To Top    #68
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    Couple of minor things done. I got the grills built and primed. They will actually be covered with carpet ultimately.

Yep, expanded metal. You won't get your foot trough these easily

HAHA, my sub grill in my false floor looks very similar, but it is round. After 5 years-ish it is FINALLY STARTING to deform after having countless 50Lb bags of stuff and tons of groceries slammed onto it.

9. Back To Top    #69

The stuff over my midbass drivers in the floor are practically bomb proof. I've stomped on them to illustrate the point to some people. I used 12g perforated metal but I'm sure this stuff works just as well if not better.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

10. Back To Top    #70
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

expanded metal is some strong stuff. I only went with the square setup to give more area for the metal piece to "bond" to the wood and keep the overall size down.