Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Charger - Veronica

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Re: 2012 Charger - Veronica

Got a bit more work done yesterday. The amp board is cut to size and channels cut for the amplifier ambient lighting (sounds nice doesn't it?)

While I had the router out I cut out the tweeter rings.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

This is looking sweeet. I'll second Al's comment about welding.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Got some more midbass baffle work done. Here you can see the 8 mocked up in the driver side baffle with the grill frame in place

The space between the driver and grill frame will be filled with a plexi insert that will cover the driver mounting flange and another piece that covers the LEDs that will light up the plexi

The frame has about an 1/8" routed out in it for the actual grill, which will be expanded steel.

I also got the magnets in the frame and baffle in place. I intended to glue/epoxy them in, but when I trial fit one I couldn't get it back out :twitch: Even using another magnet it didn't want to come out. press fit FTW... So, I put them all in.

View of the baffle and the grill frame

Hard to tell here, but I'm holding this off the table, showing the magnets hold fairly well.

I still have some routing work on the baffle and frame to do but I'm going to wait until my new router, table and lift come in early next week. It was a good excuse to buy some new tools

4. Back To Top    #44
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

The baffles are for the kicks? I'm interested to see how they fit.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    The baffles are for the kicks? I'm interested to see how they fit.
    Yes. I only have the one baffle so far. I thought I posted a pic of the mockup I did, but I haven't. So here are a few I just uploaded:

As you can see, the carpet section is where the baffle will extend. The dead pedal will be remain so as to appear stock-ish.

Here is the cardboard template I started with. This is the same size as the baffle in the previous pics. So you can see how much of the driver will be covered up here; almost half of it actually.

In the previous pics you see where the baffle is notched in two places on one side. That is to clear the factory wiring harness and the e-brake cable, so the baffle can extend to the kick panel wall. It just so happens that the depth works out nicely so the pedals, which are motorized/adjustable in my car, can extend back as far as possible and still clear. So basically no way you an slam the brake and hit the grill. I never drive with them that far back however, my legs aren't that long

Hope that helps!

6. Back To Top    #46
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Are you going to keep some semblace of a dead pedal, or will you cut more of the carpet out later?

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

good question, yes

That pad will be removed, but put on to the new grill piece. That was the main reason for extending the baffle all the way to the kick panel wall, so I could keep a place to put my foot. It will be reinforced, hopefully, so I can crush it, but it will be there. The goal will be to have it look as factory as possible so it doesn't just stand right out that it was replaced.

of course seeing it extended to just behind the brake is a giveaway, but you'd have to look to see it, as opposed to say a 'traditional' kick panel build where it is all nicely done in vinyl and all that.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Interesting. Honestly I prefer the way you are doing the kick for the midbass, looks like it would allow for a larger driver and it's a bit of a departure from the norm.
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 02-07-2014 at 03:08 PM.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

thanks. If it weren't for the showy led/plexi setup, I could easy fit a 10 in here. The depth of the foot well is kind of shocking. There is an easy 6" behind the pedals and if I moved the forward, a couple more. If one got creative, they could even do a sealed enclosure of about half a cubic foot if they wanted. It was tempting to put a pair of JL 10TW3's in the front

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Nothing wrong with a little flash on top of a solid setup.