Thread: Looking for equipment recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for equipment recommendations

I'm in the planning stages of a build for my '98 4Runner and would like some recommendations. I already have a few amps that I plan to use (Audison VRx 2.150 and 2.250) and I'm thinking a nice set of components up front and a single 12" sub. I am leaning towards one of the JL enclosures, either a HO wedge or a Pro Wedge, with the 2.250 bridged on it. Still not sure about head unit - I'd like a period correct HU like an old Alpine but may end up just streaming to a DSP - not sure.

So, I'm looking for ideas for components and DSP.

I have a set of Focal K2P's in my other car that I like and a Bit One Virtuoso which I also like... but I am trying to not get too carried away with this build.

Thanks in advance for ideas!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Looking for equipment recommendations

What is your budget?

Without one, Audio frog gb series 3 way active setup and Helix Ultra DSP. This means you need more amp channels.

I just spent a few thousand for you

Do you plan on factory locations? If so what are they?
    If custom, where do you plan on custom mounting?

All of this matters for suggestions.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for equipment recommendations

Yeah, budget may help! I'm hoping to find something around $500 for the components - used.

I don't think I want to do a 3-way so let's stick to 2-way, factory locations - 6.5 mid and tweeter. I'm looking at Dynaudio, Morel, maybe Hertz Legends- no experience with audio frog but have read great things about them.

Here is a pic I found online of the factory locations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	069.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	14821