Jason

Early Spring 2014 Mid-West(Okc) G2G - March 29/30

Update:

Where: Highly’s House, just a few minutes NW of OKC in Piedmont, Oklahoma

951 Fawn Creek Ct NE, Piedmont, OK 73078

When: March 29th 2014 8AM till whenever

Cost: Free, of course!
    Date:
    is no set date for this yet, but I'm sure it will be in March/April.

The location will be at Todd's(Highly) in NW Okc.

Time:
    From when the first person shows to when the last person leaves.

I decided(with a little help) to start this thread as there seems to be a fair amount of interest in it. There should be more than enough fantastic systems to demo, people to make fun of, I mean talk to and test equipment to make your head spin. Of course, I'll update this thread as needed. This will also be on Erin's g2g site soon.
    Last edited by BigAl205; 03-17-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added info

2. Back To Top    #251
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: Early Spring 2014 Mid-West(Okc) G2G - March 29/30

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nc-17.gif 
Views:	146 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	2573

3. Back To Top    #252
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

I think Todd has figured out some mind tricks, as the room and the car were really one and the same. Beautiful sound with endless ability in either- nice smooth music on anything- and a ton of fun if called for action.

If ever invited for another g2g, I would make the drive agian in a heartbeat as long as it fit my schedule

4. Back To Top    #253

Like everyone else, I had a great time hanging out and listening to some good sounding cars (and funny stories). Thanks to the wonderful hosts and to everyone who demoed their car and/or gave feedback on mine. Has me motivated to take my car to the next level.

5. Back To Top    #254
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

I thought your car sounded rather great as it was. another level would be really interesting

6. Back To Top    #255
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    quite a few

Quote Originally Posted by dejo View Post
    I thought your car sounded rather great as it was. another level would be really interesting
    ^ Agree.

And it WILL be really interesting

7. Back To Top    #256
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I really like what those Morel mids Grayson is running have to offer. A lot better than the nz3 in my opinion. Just a much more full sound.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

8. Back To Top    #257

Thanks guys. I think it's tough to beat the NZ3 as a wideband driver, and it could have been even better if I had them more on axis. But for dynamics, there's no replacement for displacement, as they say. And I don't think there's another 4" speaker out there that beats the Morel in the cone area to diameter ratio. Otherwise it's a good speaker from a good company. And having the same cone material for midbass and midrange probably helps something somewhere too.

I had intended to get some feedback on the midrange placement before the final install at this meet, with improving the tweeter install being only a back-burner thought, but I really came away from this weekend with a much bigger appreciation for how much acoustic treatments and the immediate environment of a tweeter (and midrange, but to a lesser degree) can affect the sound, and the realization that what I had thought was a pretty decent tweeter install was FAR from ideal.

Hooray for learning things.

9. Back To Top    #258
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I just got home after the little 12hr jaunt. I want to say thanks to Todd and his wife for such a great time. It was nice meeting new peeps and hanging out. I hope to see you all again soon.
    You're a trooper Al. Rackin' up the miles on the ole Honda

10. Back To Top    #259
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Talking with Glenn and Scott I think I can benefit from going to a dedicated tweeter in the sails for extra sparkle and to help possibly widen my stage by crossing the 2's below beaming, but the boundaries those big pillars cause might make a wider stage difficult. It's no secret about how I feel about dash or pillar pods in my own vehicle. Simply not gonna happen. I'll work with what I have to keep a clean stock look, and as good of a job as that 10" does firing forward I'm sure a lot of you will understand why I'm going with a ported 8" for the shorter box. I've tried it all with sub position and forward firing is the way that has performed best. Downfiring causes too many cancellation problems. The downfired 15" I had sucked more than you could ever imagine but it kicked ass rearfiring even though it had its problems there too. It's all a balancing act of compromises to get the best sound I can without calling too much attention to itself.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

11. Back To Top    #260

Finally arrived back in Bham... twelve hours later! Not a bad drive. Found myself on a toll road by accident, forgot to adjust GPS, and ran through about five or six of them. Can't be sure what possessed me to do so, but I decided I might as well make somebody's day a little easier and pay for their toll fee. Paid for the stranger behind me, and that was that. A bit later, the guy passed me, and it just so happened that he was a former Marine, K9 search and rescue, according to his tag and some decals. That alone made my day, I would be hard pressed to have happened to pick a better person. I felt lucky... and then it just so happened that the very next toll booth I pulled up to, the cashier miscounted my change and I wound up not actually paying the toll. So how 'bout them apples!

I also wound up going through some heavy rain today for the first time since the install was semi-put-together and was forced to test my element-proofing of the aperiodic vents, and it was a success! Not a single drop of water to be found!

All in all, not a bad trip back from a fantastic weekend.