Jason

Early Spring 2014 Mid-West(Okc) G2G - March 29/30

Update:

Where: Highly’s House, just a few minutes NW of OKC in Piedmont, Oklahoma

951 Fawn Creek Ct NE, Piedmont, OK 73078

When: March 29th 2014 8AM till whenever

Cost: Free, of course!
    Date:
    is no set date for this yet, but I'm sure it will be in March/April.

The location will be at Todd's(Highly) in NW Okc.

Time:
    From when the first person shows to when the last person leaves.

I decided(with a little help) to start this thread as there seems to be a fair amount of interest in it. There should be more than enough fantastic systems to demo, people to make fun of, I mean talk to and test equipment to make your head spin. Of course, I'll update this thread as needed. This will also be on Erin's g2g site soon.
    Last edited by BigAl205; 03-17-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added info

2. Back To Top    #121
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Early Spring 2014 Mid-West(Okc) G2G - March 29/30

Not a currlina style guy huh. Arkansas is a melting pot for bbq.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #122
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    quite a few

Everyone has their thing and that's cool. I'm not a big fan of spicy or dark mustards, but some folks really like them. I'll throw some yellow mustard down with corned beef and cabbage, but I'd never think to sully a hunk of brisket that way. You are MORE than welcome to bring some of your favorite sauce and dole it out to the worthy! A little local flavor from your neck of the woods is sure to gather a little attention. Bring it on, mang!

-T

4. Back To Top    #123
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Oh man, I LOVE spicy dark mustard. Coarse ground spicy mustard ftw. Guess it's my deep south roots coming out and the influence my family and people I've spent a lot of time with over the years has given me. I can also throw down some fresh mustard greens and pinto beans. This thread has been successfully derailed
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #124

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Guess it's my deep south roots coming out
    LOL! Dude, you live in Little Rock, AR. Not Birmingham, AL. Heck, Todd's house in Piedmont is closer to the equator than yours.

6. Back To Top    #125
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Oh Erin you got me good there. I am a food lover and love to talk about food. You saw me destroy that big burger and huge pile of tots in Atlanta like it was nothing. I woulda gotten the really big one if I wouldn't have been so effing tired.

7. Back To Top    #126

actually, I just checked and it turns out Little Rock is at 34.74 latitude, while Piedmont is 35.67 deg lat. So, you are indeed closer to the equator. *takes joke a bit too far*

but, yea, I'm just giving you a hard time. I laughed when I saw Deep South, though.

8. Back To Top    #127
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I do live in the hills just west of town. And live in a redneck neighborhood started by my family nearly a century ago. In less than half a mile it goes from crappy trailers to 3/4 million dollar homes. Wild huh!

9. Back To Top    #128
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    quite a few

You should enjoy talking with Chad (Southside) then. He's a food lover as well, though I don't think he's as much into the quantity of the food as much as the quality of it. Food's food to me, so that conversation would end as quickly as it started. Food in Oklahoma? Yeah, we've got a lot of restaurants. Most of them seem OK. <shrugs>

-T

10. Back To Top    #129
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

I like food

11. Back To Top    #130
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

If I make it up, I'm FINALLY going to make it to Ingrid's for a damn reuben. Every time I make it to OKC I say I'm going to, and I never seem to get there!

So... I haven't read through the whole thread, but we gotta talk about some nightlife, right? Or are we all hanging out at the house and drinking or what? I'm game for whatever, but going back to the hotel at dark and spending all night there is gonna be NO BUENO.

I needa think about who I am going to bring for company... grrr.... none of my female friends will want to stick around listening to cars being tuned for hours upon hours upon hours, methinks. <sigh> I suppose I could come solo, but then... well, you know.

Dilemmas, dilemmas!