Thread: Johnson Level and Tool

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Johnson Level and Tool

Ironic enough, this started out as research for a new circular saw. But in the midst of one website with a multitude of reviews for various brands of hand tools and measuring equipment, was an article about one of Johnson Level and Tool's Angle Squares, model number 1904-0700. The reviewer had nothing but praise for it's quality, accuracy, and easy to read numbering.

Moving over to their website, I started making a list of squares and straight edges that could offer wonderful help during the next few installs and construction projects. The website is excellent to navigate, and provides decent information regarding each item. Clicked on the Buy tab at the top, ended up ordering an XL long sleeve tee and five pack of their keychain levels. Those little levels will make great stocking stuffers this year.

Under that same tab is a list of the online purchasing companies you can order their products from. Home Depot is listed, that's great, plus fairly local. Checked their website, and couldn't find the specific items I wanted, but they still have a great selection of Johnson levels and squares. Grainger is also listed, and they had most of the items, but some were on backorder. So back to the old fail safe, Amazon. Ordered the 1904-0700 Angle square, J48-K 48" Straight Edge, CS10 8"x12" Carpenter Square, and 1817-0000 Architect's Ruler.

Everything arrived quite quickly, and I can't speak enough of the quality. The black color on these is spectacular, plus the white numbers and measuring marks are so easy to read. Durability of the finish was a big concern of mine, but so far, no rub marks or nicks on anything. They are working perfectly, and making even the seemingly smallest of jobs so much easier. Already planning to purchase the 16"x24" Framing Square and JTS48-K 48" T-square.

HIGHLY recommending Johnson Level and Tool to anyone in the market for some high quality measuring and straight edge pieces.

Picture of the 1904-0700 Angle Square, CS10 Carpenter Square, and 1817-0000 Ruler:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-04_12-48-30_535.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	1697
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Johnson Level and Tool

I've always liked Johnson's levels.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Added the CS9 Framing Square, and JTS-48K 48" T-Square to the collection. Loving these more and more each time they are used. So easy to set up and clamp down, and work as perfect guides for marking and using the circular saw for straight cuts and rips. Can't recommend them enough.

On a side note, the JTS-48K T-Square, when it was received, the box looked like this:

Name:	2014-03-07_01-10-03_361.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	2336

Opened it up, and well yeah:

Name:	2014-03-07_01-11-41_648.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	2337

Name:	2014-03-07_01-12-05_182.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	2338

Found this when I got home Friday morning at 0110am, took pictures of the damage, sent a claim to Amazon, and had an email back with the Return Authorization form by 0130am. UPS picked it up yesterday (Still Friday) afternoon, and FedEx dropped off the replacement TODAY (Saturday). How is that for customer service?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Rich

Fuck UPS

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I love my Johnson T-square. I use it as a rip fence too.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.