Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What would you buy from Harbor Freight?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: What would you buy from Harbor Freight?

To add to my previous post, clamps, clamps are cheap there and work decently

2. Back To Top    #22

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them, some works well with decent longevity some not so much. One of the best deals is this (especially with coupon 20% off), but you have to get the swivel elbow with built in regulator. http://www.harborfreight.com/air-ang...der-93629.html

3. Back To Top    #23

I bought a bit of stuff from them and some of it is good and some not so much, but ive had just as much luck with black and decker as with harbor freight.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I bought some open end/box end wrenches there the other day. And a couple bags of zipties. Couldn't pass up the price on the zipties and the wrenches were on sale too. Trying to decide whether or not I want to use my 20% off coupon on a big rolling toolbox from them.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Andy
    Vehicle
    1983 Honda Civic wagon, 2003 GMC Sierra

I have one of the 4 drawer rolling tool carts. Not too bad honestly. It isn't high end tool box quality but it is convenient. Better casters would make it much better. That is nitpicking for the cost however.

I also have bought some power and hand tools there.
    The sawzall I bought was utter crap and I couldn't safely recommend one. Parts literally fell out/off of it. I have since replaced that with a Makita.
    The 4 inch angle grinder is perfectly fine for the price. No variable speed or anything but I only have about $10.00 in it( tent sale ). It has been perfectly reliable as well.
    I also have a much nicer Dewalt grinder. Having 2 allows me to load different types of disk/wheels onto each and just switch grinders during a job.

I also have bought some impact sockets. They seem to hold up fine.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Is that the Tool Cart they have the $99 coupon for sometimes? I've looked at it a few times, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looked really nice though, even had screwdriver slots right up top there next to the lid.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Andy
    Vehicle
    1983 Honda Civic wagon, 2003 GMC Sierra

That is the one.
    Again, the drawers are not Matco smooth, and the casters are a little cheap but a comparable Snap On cart( if they make one ) would be unreasonably high for home/hobby use...for me anyway.

Oh, and I don't mean the drawers are bad. They have never hung up or jammed on mine. Just I have seen friends professional boxes, and they are smoother.

8. Back To Top    #28

I have a lot of tools period, but I buy stuff there all the time and yes some is great and some not so much lol but you pretty much know if its any good before you even buy it ha ha ! They have a hydraulic crimper that works great and is cheap too, under 50 bucks and with coupon its only about 39.99 and as mentioned the cable cutters are like 6 or 7 bucks and they are great and edge stays sharp for a surprisingly long time. spray guns for primer and glue are cheap and work good.
    96 Gmc Sierra Extra Cab
    Pioneer PRS80
    PPI 900.4
    Taramps HD 15000
    CDT HD 100 Tweets / CDT HD-2/BLs / Anarchy Mid Bass 2 pair in doors
    Two 18" FI team in 14 cf
    Triple alts two 270 Singers and 200 Js
    4 or 5 gp 31 jb batterys
    NRG Hardware
    Build log http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/sh...ed-from-CA-com

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I have a grinder I got from them that works well.

My most recent purchase was this hammer drill http://www.harborfreight.com/power-t...ill-62383.html
    with the 20% off coupon it was $29.95 OTD tax included.
    It made my life so much easier putting up various storage boxes into concrete block walls.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #30

I buy zip ties and gloves there + some small misc category items. I do have 2 of their tool chests and I'm pretty satisfied considering the price I paid for these.