Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiotec Fischer Different Lines

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Audiotec Fischer Different Lines

Are there any differences between the Brax & Helix lines by Audiotec Fischer? it seems from the marketing materials that Brax is the standard and Helix is the little brother trying to be as good? And is Rockford still the only US Importer/Distributor of this product.

I'm still playing catch up to all the changes in the Car Audio world now, which has been fun and exciting

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Rain*
    Vehicle
    Acura MDX

Re: Audiotec Fischer Different Lines

the software should be the same or similar they are the same company. Helix is the Standard, Brax is for the 1%. But it is a Time thing, im sure in a year or two when a new Helix shows up the Brax would drop down to Standard and the newer Helix from the Future would top the Brax in terms of DSP.

Welcome to the world of Heroine.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's like Porsche and Audi... both come from the same parent company, but;

• The Audi is a wicked nice car. High-end through and through. Expensive, but not totally out of reach.
    • Porsche is the elite. Absolute best of the best. Engineered to be the best. Completely out of reach for most.

• Helix is wicked nice. High end through and through. Expensive, but not totally out of reach.
    • Brax is the elite. Absolute best of the best. Engineered to be the best. Completely out of reach for most.

• A Helix DSP Ultra is $1,500.00
    • A Brax DSP is $5,000.00

• A Helix Four-Channel amplifier is $1,500.00
    • A Brax Four-Channel amplifier is $5,000.00

Rockford is not the US importer for Audiotech-Fischer.
    They did a shitty job at representing the line, and lost it a few years ago.
    The new distributor is: MSC America. https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/distributors
    New Car... Stock Stereo

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Don't know it it's marketed/available in the US, but AF has 3 different brands, Brax, Helix and Match.

Match is targeted towards plug+play solutions, both with direct replacement upgraded speakers for various cars, and amplifiers with integrated DSP so you can download preprogrammed setups for spesific cars. They also have plug+play harnesses for lots of cars so you can quickly upgrade the amp and then download a setup/tune for your own car. Through the same DSP software used for both Helix and Brax.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ors-harnesses/

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post

• The Audi is a wicked nice car. High-end through and through. Expensive, but not totally out of reach.
    • Porsche is the elite. Absolute best of the best. Engineered to be the best. Completely out of reach for most.

• Helix is wicked nice. High end through and through. Expensive, but not totally out of reach.
    • Brax is the elite. Absolute best of the best. Engineered to be the best. Completely out of reach for most.

The new distributor is: MSC America. https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/distributors
    Those prices are a bit off. Brax dsp is 6500 usd, ultra is 1600 usd. Not sure if you did some Canadian translations

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post

And the Match line is Volkswagen!

I identify with car analogies...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Brax dsp is 6500 usd

Good lord, why?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post

Good lord, why?
    Put it this way... If you have to ask, its not for you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9. Back To Top    #9

brax amps are nice, very nice. i had some of the 1st in the US back in 94/95 i believe, the x1000 & x1400

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    brax amps are nice, very nice. i had some of the 1st in the US back in 94/95 i believe, the x1000 & x1400
    Hell yeah they are. Heavy though.

The DSP price I still can't wrap my head around.