Thread: SI TM65 MKIII vs. Dynaudio MW162 GT vs. Audiofrog GS60

1. Back To Top    #1

SI TM65 MKIII vs. Dynaudio MW162 GT vs. Audiofrog GS60

I am trying to decide what to sell and what to keep. I'm thinking about doing a small system in my wife's truck with what I have left over from doing mine. I took the TM65's out of my truck because I wanted it to all be Audiofrog not because I didn't like them. I've been sitting on the MW162's for my wife truck and I was going to pair them with the GB15's I took out of my car since I already have pods for them and an SSA Icon subwoofer. But for some reason I'm having second thoughts about selling the MKIII's and keeping those for my wife's truck and selling the Dyns instead. Then I was also thinking I could sell both of those pairs and buy a pair of GS60's since my wife doesn't listen real loud. Anyone have any opinions on which to use?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: SI TM65 MKIII vs. Dynaudio MW162 GT vs. Audiofrog GS60

I'd say the MkIII's sit right between the gs and the gb line of audiofrog. The MkII's seemed to kind of fit in there based on Justin Zazzi's report comparing the mkii and the gb60. The MkIII also plays better higher (I measured about 9,000hz before they started to drop naturally in my truck) but you have to high pass them higher as their FS is 98hz so your substage better be able to be crossed high enough.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3

That's kinda what I thought. The GS60's are cheaper in price than the MKIII's also so that makes sense. Hopefully some has a comparison to the Dynaudios since I already own those. I think the Dyns are worth less selling them used though. I'm sure the MKIII's have more midbass than the MW162's but since this will be a two-way setup there's the midrange ability that is probably more important to consider. I was planning on doing the SSA Icon 12" in a sealed box since I generally like sealed subwoofers better and also because of space since my wife doesn't care if I do this to her vehicle or not so I don't want to give her a reason to hate it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I’ve listened to the MW 162 none GT version in a two way and thought they sounded very good tuned by a professional tuner in my area. I’ve heard the SI to in some cars at a meet but haven’t listened to AF GS60 yet but do own the GB60. Honesty I don’t think your wife will be disappointed with any of these and I would probably gravitate towards those Dynaudio drivers. Paired with the GB15 crossed over at 1800 Hz LR4; that combination should sound great.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

5. Back To Top    #5

That was the original plan to use the MW162’s and GB15’s. I just started having second thoughts after I pulled the MKIII’s from my truck, I guess because they’re not available any more so second hand is the only way to get them if I happened to regret it for whatever reason. I have a buyer lined up for them and everything. The system is really for me and a way to justify not selling some stuff I want to hang on to. She thinks the stock Bose sounds “fine” which is nearly unlistenable for me.

@jdunk54nl What are you crossing your MKIII at, just curious.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

100hz and 350hz
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods