Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Got my new toy to finish my install yesterday.

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: Got my new toy to finish my install yesterday.

If you set the analogue in as having global priority you won’t have to pause the digital playback

2. Back To Top    #42

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    If you set the analogue in as having global priority you won’t have to pause the digital playback
    \

Yup, I tried that but the head unit will find all iPhones in the car (kids) and then play that interrupting my music plus I only want the head unit to play (be listened to) when I want it to be. lasted about 1 minute with that setting, lol!!!!

I can also use the mapping functions/ directions without having to hear than annoying voice etc. Others may like the analog input first but for me I prefer the digital input first and I set the head unit to radio. Then when I pause the iPad I get the radio\instantly. When a phone call comes in it over rides the radio so a simple pause is all I need. For me phone calls and chatting are secondary to music.by far. That is the beauty is that we are not limited and we can set it up to suit our personal needs

3. Back To Top    #43
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Audiogal View Post
    Ya set priority to automatic. Then set the Input you want to have priority. For me I selected Toslink. You could select Coax or hec or line level if you want and have that wired. I then set the release time to about 7 s to allow for songs on the iPad to have a bit of a longer pause between songs (silence between songs). Seems to work great and switches fast and every time. I can use the Director on the main screen 99% of the time and adjust for the volume from all sources from a common control. If the release time is to short then the Helix would switch to the radio if that was what the Pioneer was set to as the radio plays all the time if the silence between songs was to long or longer than normal. Seems to work great and I get a great music center interface with the iPad.
    That sounds absolutely ideal. Plus simple and straight forward. I wonder, would an android version of this setup be possible for someone not on the Apple bandwagon? I guess swapping the lightening cord for one compatible with a Samsung tablet, would be about all you need. I'm looking forward to playing with my d10 setup, but its nice to know there are other options like this available. Well done!

4. Back To Top    #44

Quote Originally Posted by Audiogal View Post
    \

Yup, I tried that but the head unit will find all iPhones in the car (kids) and then play that interrupting my music plus I only want the head unit to play (be listened to) when I want it to be. lasted about 1 minute with that setting, lol!!!!

I can also use the mapping functions/ directions without having to hear than annoying voice etc. Others may like the analog input first but for me I prefer the digital input first and I set the head unit to radio. Then when I pause the iPad I get the radio\instantly. When a phone call comes in it over rides the radio so a simple pause is all I need. For me phone calls and chatting are secondary to music.by far. That is the beauty is that we are not limited and we can set it up to suit our personal needs
    Surely if all the devices aren’t connected to the headunit they won’t even effect its use? Otherwise all the phones in a traffic jam would effect your stereo also... or do you mean they are all programmed? In which case delete them all and just leave yours, problem solved

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Surely if all the devices aren’t connected to the headunit they won’t even effect its use? Otherwise all the phones in a traffic jam would effect your stereo also... or do you mean they are all programmed? In which case delete them all and just leave yours, problem solved

Your one persistent fellow, dumdum, lol.

I leave the kids phones in the unit because since I have put in the new stereo they want to listen to their music on the system which is awesome that they want to share their tunes. So the to keep everyone sane I really prefer have the DI as priority. I almost never use the head unit now that I have the iPad and switching to the radio when the iPad is off or paused is perfect. Almost no button presses. If I had the analog input (AI) as priority I would not be able to leave the headunit on the radio as the AI would always be active. If the kids want to play some tunes I pause the iPad and then they can play their music with minimal
    effort and syncing issues. The system is working awesome now in all aspects of usability for us ��
    aspects of usability for me.
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!