Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden ?

1. Back To Top    #131

Re: Joe Biden ?

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    That's delusional.
    oh my bad, you are right. Absentee ballots don't always get counted in time. But that mostly affects military people which the liberals would probably prefer anyway.

2. Back To Top    #132

Seriously though - Biden fessed up to some big crime?

3. Back To Top    #133

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    First, since you asked I will answer. I grew up on the southern coast of Virginia. The Va Beach area to be precise. I've lived in many countries and states.
    Well this is embarrassing as I have stayed in VB on a handful of occasions.

I see you like to argue for arguments sake. The constitution came up because someone mentioned the electoral college.
    Your 1st paragraph above illustrates one of my previous points concerning the electoral college/constitution. It was created as a system of fairness and assurance that all states would be represented and not a select few.

While I may or may not like to argue for arguement sake, it is also possible that the topic is important enough to argue about?

Is this factual?
    https://www.history.com/news/elector...nal-convention
    If so then it was not so much a system of fairness, but rather a compromise as there were no other ideas that seemed any better.

Plato and Socrates works and teachings are important to be sure as are others. Show me a single document they produced that has had a more significant affect on mankind and I'll consider it.

The reason I asked where you are from is because following your train of thought leads me to believe you are from somewhere other than the US. For example, you seem to downplay the significance of the US constitution and either don't believe or don't know that it's the liberals for the most part trying to change the constitution. We don't have to wonder that as the democrats in congress are on tv and media daily proudly admitting that. It's the conservatives that spend most of the time trying to preserve it. To not know that simply means you are either not from the US or you pay no attention to us politics or news. Either of which is fine btw.

Well as expected any bible thumper can throw out the bible... and one could through out the Koran or even the Book of Mormon.
    However the constitution is not suggested as being divinely inspired.
    While it was written by committee it has a continuity of thought, so it differs that way as well.

The fact that Plato and Socratic principles have a direct link through Thomas Paine and other similar works... and that these works formed the Founding Fathers learned education in... can suggest that the constitution evolved from those.

I am not downplaying the constitution, just that we are 24 decades past it... We have more countries than just one that are following the general model.
    And I see it more like a catalyst for society, whereas you seem to be suggesting it is a static thing... or an actual static document, rather than a documented framework of ideas and attributes upon which to form a nation... and something that is open to dynamic change.
    (which also makes it different from the bible, if ignore the New Testament addition to the Old Testament... and later Koran, and later Book of Mormon.)

You can keep saying the democrats are trying to change the constitution and the republicans are trying to protect it... However you are still giving no examples.
    Saying the same statement over and over is not providing evidence that what you are saying is factual.
    If you want me to agree, then you have to give me a way to do that based upon something reasonable. Some examples were there no GOP changes would be ideal.

Either party can lobby for constitutional change, and the constitution has been changed in the past.

If you were to suggest that it is not wise to change it willy-nilly based upon short term public emotion... then I would agree with that.

4. Back To Top    #134
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Seriously though - Biden fessed up to some big crime?
    He didn't fess up, he just bragged about doing it...so not exactly the same thing

5. Back To Top    #135

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    Saying the same statement over and over is not providing evidence that what you are saying is factual.
    In most places and times, no. But here and now, it's modern Twilight Zone.

6. Back To Top    #136

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    He didn't fess up, he just bragged about doing it...so not exactly the same thing
    Kinda like grabbin' 'em by the pussy - got it

7. Back To Top    #137

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    Well this is embarrassing as I have stayed in VB on a handful of occasions.

While I may or may not like to argue for arguement sake, it is also possible that the topic is important enough to argue about?

Is this factual?
    https://www.history.com/news/elector...nal-convention
    If so then it was not so much a system of fairness, but rather a compromise as there were no other ideas that seemed any better.

Well as expected any bible thumper can throw out the bible... and one could through out the Koran or even the Book of Mormon.
    However the constitution is not suggested as being divinely inspired.
    While it was written by committee it has a continuity of thought, so it differs that way as well.

The fact that Plato and Socratic principles have a direct link through Thomas Paine and other similar works... and that these works formed the Founding Fathers learned education in... can suggest that the constitution evolved from those.

I am not downplaying the constitution, just that we are 24 decades past it... We have more countries than just one that are following the general model.
    And I see it more like a catalyst for society, whereas you seem to be suggesting it is a static thing... or an actual static document, rather than a documented framework of ideas and attributes upon which to form a nation... and something that is open to dynamic change.
    (which also makes it different from the bible, if ignore the New Testament addition to the Old Testament... and later Koran, and later Book of Mormon.)

You can keep saying the democrats are trying to change the constitution and the republicans are trying to protect it... However you are still giving no examples.
    If you want me to agree, then you have to give me a way to do that based upon something reasonable. Some examples were there no GOP changes would be ideal.

Either party can lobby for constitutional change, and the constitution has been changed in the past.

If you were to suggest that it is not wise to change it willy-nilly based upon short term public emotion... then I would agree with that.
    Why embarrassing?

Seems you either don't get the news here in the US or just don't pay attention to it. I'll give you two examples. Our 2nd amendment rights are constantly under attack from the democrats. That's very widely known. In fact it's practically a campaign slogan for them. Also, have you heard of the dreamers? I hope so. If not, a certain president through executive order gave non citizens constitutional rights which was illegal. But hey, at least the republicans didn't try to impeach him for it.

8. Back To Top    #138
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Making a crass joke about something you theoretically could do, and bragging about something that you actually did, are two different things.

9. Back To Top    #139

Kinda like grabbin' 'em by the pussy - got it
    Saying that is not a crime. Just stupid. And you can believe if he did that to anyone they would have sued him. And yes it would have been all over the news. There's a trove of women that would have loved for him to do that so they could get paid

10. Back To Top    #140

Why embarrassing?

Seems you either don't get the news here in the US or just don't pay attention to it. I'll give you two examples. Our 2nd amendment rights are constantly under attack from the democrats. That's very widely known. In fact it's practically a campaign slogan for them. Also, have you heard of the dreamers? I hope so. If not, a certain president through executive order gave non citizens constitutional rights which was illegal. But hey, at least the republicans didn't try to impeach him for it.
    Emarassing because I know VB relatively well...
    Took a concrete course there a decade ago.

PBS News Hour is broadcast on SBS.

Well dreamers, and reparations to illegal aliens, are bizarre... it is hard to take a party seriously that has sanctuary cites and abides sidewalks full of fecal matter.

My iPad does not get through the list of 12 here:
    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/slide...e-constitution