Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is car audio/DIY dying?

1. Back To Top    #51
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Is car audio/DIY dying?

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    they are the most useless person in the world.
    These people have lost their "Trust".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ed-future/amp/

2. Back To Top    #52

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Car Audio will never die because there will always be people who will want to have great sound in their vehicles that will find a way to do that. The car audio seen is definitely changing though.

As far as the economy suffering and all this doom and gloom shit, well I don’t believe that for one second. Where I’m from the economy is actually exploding with growth, we have a laborer shortage with the lowest unemployment rate ever, and businesses around here are hiring with good paying jobs. If someone can’t get a job in today’s economy than it’s by choice or they are the most useless person in the world.
    I honestly don't know how to respond.... This was the most self-centered vague response to a very complex discussion.

3. Back To Top    #53

JC's correct about the economy. Also the car audio upgrade situation too.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Vehicle
    2002 BMW M3

From being away from Car Audio for 15yrs, and slowly learning about the scene again here are some thoughts.

Kids today a lot of times are not even getting their license till 18. They are content having parents drive them, For us in the 30-40-50-60 range. Cars were freedom. Cars were where we might have kissed our first girl. Or had those serious life discussions. Where we road tripped with friends. Etc. Lots of memories and growing up and hanging out and meeting people all tied to cars.

For a lot of kids today... they have always been connected with their friends through technology. They didn't need a car to "hangout".. they "hangout" online. Etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are still kids out there who are into that stuff, but it's not the norm anymore.

But the economy and what kids want have changed. I seem to see more older guys coming back to the hobby now that familes are raised and more income is available. So now we can "get the system we wish we could have afforded as kids" That's me.

The other side is the economy and expectations. People's expectations are to high imo. When I was 21 I was going to a 2yr community college full time, AND working full time as a janitor at a nuclear station.. B/c well... I had to. I needed a job, and instead of complaining about not having one or "looking for what I was qualified for".. I took whatever I could find. And I'm proud of it. Feel like it doing that sort of work made me a better person b/c I realized struggles and understand the importance of things.

The ambitions and top rated priorities of younger generation seems to be travel. While I get it, I haven't traveled much. B/c I couldn't afford it. So I worked. I've worked since I was 15. There are plenty of jobs. Just not jobs people want to do.

Ran across one of the smartest kids I've met in years the other day. Kid is 23. Got out of school. Went to trade school for welding. And in his first 3 yrs welding has made 530k. Kid will do better by time he is 30, than I will in my whole life. No debt. And be rocking it. But it's not glamorous hip work. It's hard. Dangerous where he is. But the pay is good.

....I'm about to turn 40 in 2 months... but sound like my dad.

5. Back To Top    #55
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Many car audio lines are becoming stagnant. They keep the same amp and speaker lines for many years and customers get tired of looking at the same stuff.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Lewtz , other than I still don't know how you did it ? I am impressed with you putting your name on my thoughts !

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Devora D. Wilkey
    4312 Pheasant Ridge Road Philadelphia, PA 19115
    Vehicle
    WIGO

There are a few reasons why car audio systems may die - the most common of which is a power window switch issue. If your car audio system is dying intermittently, it is best to have it checked out by a mechanic to rule out any other potential issues. If the mechanic finds that your car audio system is dying as a result of a power window switch issue, he or she can usually fix the issue by replacing the power window switch.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

9. Back To Top    #59
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by devwilkey View Post
    There are a few reasons why car audio systems may die - the most common of which is a power window switch issue. If your car audio system is dying intermittently, it is best to have it checked out by a mechanic to rule out any other potential issues. If the mechanic finds that your car audio system is dying as a result of a power window switch issue, he or she can usually fix the issue by replacing the power window switch.

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Ummm… nope.