Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will a GB25 make a particular sound when it is blown or damaged?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Will a GB25 make a particular sound when it is blown or damaged?

Without testing , it is hard to know if both channels put out same power amount ( important on tweeters ( amplitude affects them more than T/A ) and may cause damage over time. With tweeters I can move stage left or right by increasing power to one or other side.

2. Back To Top    #22

Re: Will a GB25 make a particular sound when it is blown or damaged?

The three way has only been installed for 2-3 weeks and I don’t drive the car every day. The amp is an Mmats 6150 and I’ve had it installed for about a month prior to getting the three way installed. I basically just swapped the GB15s for the GB10s and added the GB25s to channels 5 and 6 which I did test for about a week with the subwoofer before I got the sub amp installed. I’m pretty sure this noise was present from the get go because I thought I had a rattle in the door panel and ordered some more deadener to put on the backside of the panel, then I realized it was from the GB25. I did buy the amplifier used and haven’t noticed any issues other than some slight turn off noise but it’s pretty quiet so I didn’t think it was bad enough to worry about.