Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #111

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    Hey Smitty, thanks for the input. I really appreciate you being patient with me. That goes for everyone. Queer, Grinder etc.

When you say "The power handling will drop in the low frequencies as I go larger than 1.3 cuft", do you mean low frequencies as in deeper bass ? The HZ is also confusing. What does that pertain to?

Oh, btw, I seen that Sonic Electronics was having an extended cyber monday sale. They have the IDs on their website but when I messaged them through their Facebook ad, they told me that the subs are discontinued and they dont carry them. However, Walmart online does have them. Of course they are partnered with companies that deal subs I'm sure
    Lower frequencies require greater excursion, and larger cabinet volume requires less power to reach a given excursion, in which case mechanical power handling would be reduced commensurate to greater cabinet volume (and lower frequencies). Hz is the abbreviation of Hertz (frequency).

2. Back To Top    #112
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

It will make sound , no matter , but if you think it will make the lower vibratory sounds , that is determined by power and muchness of box .
    All that stuff [ hertz,frequency,decibels,inductance,crossovers,pha se] you may not understand fully yet , but you ,just like everyone else will either go : yay or nay !

https://images.app.goo.gl/MfDfwHdFcxy2RQnE6
    https://www.google.com/search?q=stev...W0UJL88xl1VKM:

Eric Stevens was Image Dynamics.

Hey, Smitty , you come up with a frequency for cabin gain ?

3. Back To Top    #113

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    It will make sound , no matter , but if you think it will make the lower vibratory sounds , that is determined by power and muchness of box .
    All that stuff [ hertz,frequency,decibels,inductance,crossovers,pha se] you may not understand fully yet , but you ,just like everyone else will either go : yay or nay !
    Aw yeah I'm sure I'll want to know more one day lol.

Quick question about amp turn on wire. My metra harness has the amp wire(blue) but my factory wiring plug does not. Whats the easiest way to solve this issue? Maybe splice the yellow(switches 12v) and tie in my amp wire there?

4. Back To Top    #114
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

5. Back To Top    #115

Thanks man

6. Back To Top    #116
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Efficiency = 85.4
    You just need to do some sweeps to see if it is giving it's all where you want it to.

If it 'hits' around 50 hertz , may make your day . If you want lower notes (port the box)!

7. Back To Top    #117
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Hey Smitty, thanks for the input. I really appreciate you being patient with me. That goes for everyone. Queer, Grinder etc.

When you say "The power handling will drop in the low frequencies as I go larger than 1.3 cuft", do you mean low frequencies as in deeper bass ? The HZ is also confusing. What does that pertain to?
    When cubic feet (more/bigger) increase , it takes less power to go "clack" or bottom out voice coil on frame . You are hoping that as it plays lower notes , it does so with a vengeance ( thunderous Lows !).

You may find that .8 cu ft is worth a try [take up .4 cu ft ] or you may decide you want more and stuff the box with upto 1.5 pounds per cu ft to get a drop in reproduced frequencies.

8. Back To Top    #118
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

With 86 efficiency it may need more power than say a sub rated 96 (like a CV Stroker ).
    A round DWV pvc tube could be slid into this nook from whichever end (holesaw) and a 90 degree elbow added , then enough pipe to tune down around 30 hertz ! The elbows come in 90/45/22.5 degrees.

If you want , glue or silicone a piece of cardboard over the rear nook [ to hear difference ]
    Last edited by Queef; 12-11-2019 at 05:34 AM.

9. Back To Top    #119
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Sean aka Ibanender , thinks 45 hZ - 50 hZ for transfer function
    FricaseeKid started thread on a full-size truck forum and Sean ess-plained.
    If I understood it correctly, that discussion was more about an SPL box. Ibanender was explaining the same thing I was trying to explain. There is no magic way to calculate the exact peak because there are too many variables to just pop out a number for a vehicle we don't have in our possession to properly measure. I agree with him. Also note they are discussing "peak" frequency. In this discussion, I was looking for the frequency at which the transfer function begins, which is 65.82 Hz, not the peak. The 45 hZ - 50 hZ comment indicates he has experience with a similar vehicle/cabin size and knows it most likely will be in that area.

In my opinion, there is no need to port this box for this application. The subs should have strong output to 20 Hz.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4QFQQo3.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	8137

Green is 1.3 ft3, orange is 1.2 ft3 (the box we are discussing), and blue is 0.7 ft3.

20 Hz is the lowest frequency the average human can hear. Anything below that is only felt. With the exception of a few instruments such as a pipe organ, most music rarely dips below 30 Hz. I prefer a flatter response so I would most likely listen to it/measure it, then tune the enclosure with a block of MDF inside to get the response I desire.

10. Back To Top    #120
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry