Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lat 700

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: lat 700

I think it's safe to count on 900+ from a good working 2300

2. Back To Top    #22

Wonder how it would work as an upfront subwoofer...

Kelvin

3. Back To Top    #23

Benny, me thinks you are correct.....

Kelvin, unless you could get creative with ib, I think the enclosure sizes would be too large......unless you just happen to need some upfront bass in a city bus........

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Old MTX shit is stout.

5. Back To Top    #25

Word......can't wait till after work to listen and tune some more....that amp has served me well, I keep expecting it to die.........when it does I will probably hold a service for it.....

6. Back To Top    #26

Ok, after spending several days with the lat, I will share my impressions. Having such a creative design, I expected for this thing do have a different sound, something new, mind you, but I was wrong. The six cones work together in harmony, and I honestly couldn't hear anything origional, or strange about the sound..........just sounded like a quality sub. I ran this sub in a 2.3 cubic foot sealed enclosure, about 50% stuffed, on probably a lil under 1k Watts. It started off crossed at 63hz 24 DB......but ended up after some experimentation, at 50hz 18db. The lat blended seamlessly with my midbasses, and flat disappeared in my interior. Its sound was smooth and flat, it did not require any low end boost like most sealed setups. This came as a surprise, as every sealed setup I've ran, has required some help below 40hz........not this one. The bass had a palpable presence, definate texture......yet total lack of coloration. As I moved through my collection, I enjoyed listening to the different presentations of low frequency information, the instruments all sounding distinctly different.......for this sub is truly detailed. As you can tell I quite like the sound of this sub, but, and this is a big but.........there just isn't enough output to satisfy my low frequency requirements. I listen to my system pretty loud, pretty regular, and when pushed to concert levels, the lat would respond to dynamic bass tones with a deafening BLAT! I realize that I had more power on tap than this sub requires, so I had to remove it from the car......I was honestly worried about damaging it........for one thing that is different about this sub versus the more conventional designs I've used is the fact that it doesent give any warning at all that it is being stressed...it will be playing along beautifully at high volume, distortion free, clean as a whistle....then suddenly just run out of extension. Most subs I've ran reach a point in their usable range, where they start to sound nasty, with breakup and distortion becoming apparent before they slam into their limit. The lat will go willingly into doom, sounding beautiful the whole time. When I first got this sub, several trusted people told me the output would be lacking......well, they turned out to be right, but, I was surprised at how close it came to meeting my needs. You need to understand the levels I listen at to know the levels the sub is capable of. It will surpass the levels I've witnessed in 90% of the "sq" cars I've demoed. As a matter of a fact, it will play at about 8/10ths of the level I beat on my eights with. I know your thinking, wow, it wont keep up with a pair of sealed 8s, that's weak, but my 8w7s are quite powerful, and play clean at rediculous levels. The lat could provide tight, solid bottom end at these levels, but from track to track would require adjustments to keep them from bottoming, and I just can't rock out worrying about the safety of my subs.....its distracting. So back to the 8s I went, wondering once again why I would want to swap them for anything else anyways.........
    Last edited by claydo; 10-17-2013 at 02:47 AM.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11683623.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	1480

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

LOL I'd say 80% of a set of 8W7's is pretty fucking admirable.

9. Back To Top    #29

Yup Chad, I'd have to agree.......up to 8/10ths it was great.......unfortunately I stay in those last two tenths a great deal of the time.........if I could squeeze I'm a pair of them, well that would be different. The whole reasons I was pumped to try it was the fact that it could fire through the hole I cut into my rear deck, just for the 8s. If I had to run two......it would eliminate the advantage of using said hole, and I'd probably just use standard subs........

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

It's always a good idea to use the hole for what it's intended for
    Are you not entertained?!?!