Thread: 2016 Nissan 370Z Stealth SQ Build...

1. Back To Top    #1

2016 Nissan 370Z Stealth SQ Build...

I've been designing and installing systems in my cars and friends cars for years now (since I was 13). I'm a firm believer of a tidy and safe install, and when possible, using factory bolt locations and grommet locations instead of drilling into a vehicle. I don't like making permanent, non-reversible alterations if I can help it. I also prefer to make everything look as stock as possible (such as wiring under the hood, under the dash, etc, etc. My biggest thing however is doing a completely stealth install, except possibly the head unit. But as far as speakers, amps and subs are concerned, I like to keep all of that completely hidden out of site, even when you're sitting in the vehicle.

With this car, the 370Z, I have done all of the suspension, brakes and performance mods myself with the help of my friend and his little shop that he has for his own car projects. He's got a lift and everything there, and it's just for him and a few of his friends, me included naturally. I installed the head unit and steering wheel control unit myself, but for whatever reason, when it came to running cables and installing the amp and speakers, I decided to have that all done professionally. Part of it was because of time constraints on my end with work and everything. I did however install some sound deadening in the doors and rear hatch area. I plan on doing some more before I consider it finished.

I had been watching these two guys on YouTube for a couple of months by this point. They were Dean and Fernando of 5 Star Car Stereo. I really liked their style of installs. It was right down my alley as far as what I prefer when it comes to running cable and amp racks and such. They keep it clean and simple. When I realized they were about 60 miles away from me, I decided to give them a call and set up an appointment to have the bulk part of the install done.

Eventually, this...

And just for fun if anyone is interested...
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: 2016 Nissan 370Z Stealth SQ Build...

Very Sweet , you`ve got a nice ride and a sound obsession !

Lovin it !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I always loved those cars

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!

I've always loved the Z's, all the way back to the original 240. But I absolutely fell in love with the 370 when it came out because it's roof line is so similar to the GT-R, which I also love. They're just sexy, curvy lookin' cars, especially the 370Z.
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

5. Back To Top    #5
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

No kidding. Love my 370, although it's alot older than yours. BTW, if you didn't see over on the Z forum, I went ahead and placed my order with Ohio Generator for a 300A alternator - should be here early to mid next week!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

pulley size determines if the max amperes are @ highway speed or @ a stop sign/redlight , etc..,
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by sq_blaze View Post
    i don't like making permanent, non-reversible alterations if i can help it. With this car, the 370z,

s e x y ! ! !

8. Back To Top    #8
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    pulley size determines if the max amperes are @ highway speed or @ a stop sign/redlight , etc..,
    No alternator will do max at idle. They will always do more with higher RPMs, thus more with a smaller pulley.

But Ohio Gen has the most sophisticated and reliable measurement system in the business, as well as a track record of decades of producing the very best high-output alternators on the competition circuit, and thus - plenty good enough for my street-beating self.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    No kidding. Love my 370, although it's alot older than yours. BTW, if you didn't see over on the Z forum, I went ahead and placed my order with Ohio Generator for a 300A alternator - should be here early to mid next week!
    Dang man! The stock alternator is 150A. Are you really pulling that kind of amperage that you need a high output unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    s e x y ! ! !
    Thank you sir. Just took these pics the other night after work... A "cool" 90*F at 9:45pm!

2001 Lexus LS430