Thread: Oldschool in Dallas TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Oldschool in Dallas TX

Afternoon all - I was into car audio as a teen back in the 80's, just never had the funds to go all out. Now that I've grown up and done well financially, I've been able to satisfy some of my old cravings. I joined because I need help locating something. I subscribed to several audio and car audio magazines in the late 80's. One of those mags featured a Gemballa Avalanche (Porsche 911 - 930 Slantnose) sponsored by Pioneer Electronics. This is the car that started my ongoing love affair with Porsche. A couple of years ago I was finally able to purchase my first 911. 30+ years of trial/error, hands on experience, and countless hours of reading have allowed me to design and install easily the best system I have ever had. Nothing over-the-top, I kept her classy, but definitely loud, clear, and at maximum efficiency. I'd really love to locate this magazine article, and revisit the car that started it all for me. I've contacted Porsche North America and Gemballa, with no luck. I've attached two of the few pics I have been able to find, as well as a pic of mine. Thanks in advance for any leads or info.
    P.S. It's not the Bill Lobeck Gemballa I found in this forum. Closest I've come so far, but still not the one I'm looking for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gemballa%20Avalache-14.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	7022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gemballa%20Avalache-26.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	7023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mine.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	742.1 KB 
ID:	7024

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Oldschool in Dallas TX

You've definitely arrived at the right place! If anyone has the information or article, pretty sure someone here will find it!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Welcome to the loony bin!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

from 2 hours south

Also, your car looks much better. The rear wing on the other is hideous...

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    Afternoon all - I was into car audio as a teen back in the 80's, just never had the funds to go all out. Now that I've grown up and done well financially, I've been able to satisfy some of my old cravings. I joined because I need help locating something. I subscribed to several audio and car audio magazines in the late 80's. One of those mags featured a Gemballa Avalanche (Porsche 911 - 930 Slantnose) sponsored by Pioneer Electronics. This is the car that started my ongoing love affair with Porsche. A couple of years ago I was finally able to purchase my first 911. 30+ years of trial/error, hands on experience, and countless hours of reading have allowed me to design and install easily the best system I have ever had. Nothing over-the-top, I kept her classy, but definitely loud, clear, and at maximum efficiency. I'd really love to locate this magazine article, and revisit the car that started it all for me. I've contacted Porsche North America and Gemballa, with no luck. I've attached two of the few pics I have been able to find, as well as a pic of mine. Thanks in advance for any leads or info.
    P.S. It's not the Bill Lobeck Gemballa I found in this forum. Closest I've come so far, but still not the one I'm looking for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gemballa%20Avalache-14.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	7022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gemballa%20Avalache-26.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	7023Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mine.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	742.1 KB