Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab system advice.

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: My 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab system advice.

We have a tuning section ^^^^^^^ up above

sample)http://www.caraudiojunkies.com/showt...uning-Sequence

Try high-passing the 4-channel [ 100 hertz and up . . . listen to a song you know very, very , good/well . . . does it sound right ? ]

Maybe move it lower and . . . rinse and repeat [ 80 hertz and up ( highpass on 4-channel)

subs . . . anywhere from 80 hertz to 50 hertz and down (lowpass)
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

1) can you imagine the stage as the band is singing a song ?
    In your mind do you associate where each sound is coming from ? i.e. [ piano/left and rear , drummer/center and rear , guitarist/right of lead singer/who might appear to be standing front center ] et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Do U envisage a stage when you play music?

Do U care about who is standing where?

Do U like being told what to do ?

If it is loud and clear > Rock Out !
    the teaching here is based on a high and deep soundstage [ above dash and the further away or out onto the hood of vehicle , the better ].

By using your amplified co-axial speakers in front doors may give you a better outcome ^ ^ ^ ,[ than using all the additional speakers , 6x9's in rear doors , the smaller speakers in dash. ]

subs/components that are on 4-channel would be a starting point and as you read up on other things here or you tube ... wherever , then you can open another can-of-worms !

You seem to have a good grasp of what "you" like !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #33

In your mind do you associate where each sound is coming from ? i.e. [ piano/left and rear , drummer/center and rear , guitarist/right of lead singer/who might appear to be standing front center ] et cetera.

the teaching here is based on a high and deep soundstage [ above dash and the further away or out onto the hood of vehicle , the better ].

By using your amplified co-axial speakers in front doors may give you a better outcome ^ ^ ^ ,[ than using all the additional speakers , 6x9's in rear doors , the smaller speakers in dash. ]

subs/components that are on 4-channel would be a starting point and as you read up on other things here or you tube ... wherever , then you can open another can-of-worms !

I have 31/2" coaxials in the corner dash not being amplified. The 6.5 component s are in the front doors with the tweeters a inch above them in my door. The rear has the 3 way 6x9s. The 4 door speakers are amplified by the 4 channel amp. This amps high pass is fixed, so no adjustment.

4. Back To Top    #34

So in finely tuned car audio you can actually make everything have it's place/stage if recorded like that?

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

"Golden Fleece, Holy Grail... " you could !

6. Back To Top    #36

"Golden Fleece, Holy Grail... " you could !
    So it's basically surround sound for your car. And I don't watch a movie without good surround sound.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Not surround sound in the sense that there are sounds that originate from behind the listening position. The sound should appear to originate from in front of the listener. The appropriate use of rear speakers in this case is to mimic reflections off the back wall of larger space, which requires proper processing and delay. Most people skip this part since few processors offer an easy solution, and just concentrate on making the sound in the front of the car as good as it can be.

8. Back To Top    #38

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    Not surround sound in the sense that there are sounds that originate from behind the listening position. The sound should appear to originate from in front of the listener. The appropriate use of rear speakers in this case is to mimic reflections off the back wall of larger space, which requires proper processing and delay. Most people skip this part since few processors offer an easy solution, and just concentrate on making the sound in the front of the car as good as it can be.
    Ok, hence ditching the rear 6x9s. So the components should stay in my front doors? Would my 3.5 coàxial corner dash speakers benefit from being hooked to the 4 channel amp if I remove the rear door speakers?

9. Back To Top    #39
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Absolutely, but they would need a higher highpass filter than your amp has. They may not survive with that much power playing down to 80 hz.
    Edit: You'd also need a bandpass for the midbass.
    Last edited by papacueball; 04-03-2019 at 09:56 AM.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The biggest difference I noticed right away was the 3.5" 2 way speakers in the dash. To be honest I wasn't even aware I had speakers in the dash prior to this (I thought they were just vents lol) because I'd NEVER heard them before. Well...I put in the Kicker 43CSC354 and holy hell they were in your face and alive! I will say I had to turn the treble and midrange down to about 4 on the stock MyGig deck as they were way too bright...but at this level they sound great, clean, crisp, detailed and the highs are amazing and alive!
    https://www.ramforum.com/threads/my-...pgrade.114056/

specifications:
    Speaker Design
    2 - way
    Woofer Size | in [mm]
    3 1/2 [89]
    Tweeter Size | in [mm]
    1/2 [13]
    DC Resistance | ohm
    Peak Power | Watts
    Continuous Power | Watts, RMS
    Sensitivity [SPLo] | dB @ 1W, 1m

Effective Frequency Range | Hz 80-20k

<strong>
    Last edited by Hic; 04-03-2019 at 10:25 AM.