Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab system advice.

1. Back To Top    #1

My 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab system advice.

Hello guys this is my first post to the forums. I have the 8.4 LCD WO / The Alpine upgrade. I kept the factory hu but put 2 kker coaxial 3.5 spkrs in the dash, 2 kker 6.5 components w.75" tweeters passive crossover in my front doors, 2 kker 3 way 6x9s in the rear doors. 2 JL 10s under back seat. I have the HU speaker outputs running to a audiocontrol DQ-61; a Boss R3004 4 channel amp powering the 4 door speaker ; and a infinity k600 amp running the 2 10s. The model numbers for each speakers (43csc354 dash) (43css654 front) (43csc6934 rear) (10w0v3-4 subs) I was wondering how I should run my door speakers? High pass for front and full range for rear or all doors full range? And any other advice or suggestions as well. I did realize after that the rms for the 4 channel is 150x4 and the front components are 100rms... I bought a lumy lm2001 to try and set gains with is scope ability but not too familiar with waves and the graph is not too clear. I think I did manage to get close to a clean signal so far for the 4 channel. Haven't done any tweaking with the subs. Thanks in advanc

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab system advice.

High pass the front and rear speakers around 80hz

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

This ^^^ Let the subs do the dirty work. Keep them door speakers nice and clean!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys for the advice. Could someone post a link to any post talking about how to set that type thing up? I'm a noob when it comes to EQs, high pass, low pass, frequencies. I just know the basics that high pass let's the high go through..... My 4 channel amp has a high, full range and low switch for each pair of channels. For channels 1 and 2 which are my front doors there is a low pass frequencie adjustment. And for channels 3 and 4 it has a bass boost. On the audiocontrol DQ-61 there is a 7 band EQ for front rear and subs. How do I adjust the doors to 80hz

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

on that amp, high pass is fixed. Just move slides to high pass on both sets of channels.

Also, turn bass boost off and leave it there

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the replies and advice. Has anyone used the luimy oscilloscope? I'm not familiar with any o scope and seeing a sine besides YouTube videos. The screen is worse then the old Nintendo so even a non clipped wave isn't smooth. I started at the HU and recorded Max vol to the best looking wave.... I haven't attempted to set my sub amp yet. I don't know if I done the DSP right or not. Any help or suggestions would be great.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

The sum total of my o-scope knowledge is square wave is bad...(assume suqare is too )

9. Back To Top    #9

Guys I have the passive crossover that came with the licker 6.5 component speakers and the boss riot R3004 has the high pass switch on the amp. Would I benefit from a active crossover before my amps?

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Supersoundguy318 View Post
    Guys I have the passive crossover that came with the licker 6.5 component speakers and the boss riot R3004 has the high pass switch on the amp. Would I benefit from a active crossover before my amps?
    Yeah I typed licker.... "Kicker"