Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zuki Eleets questions

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Zuki Eleets questions

Anyone use Zuki Eleets, or know if the small 4 channel will run at 2 ohms safely?
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

2. Back To Top    #2
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Re: Zuki Eleets questions

I don't think any Zuki plays nice with a 2 ohm load. Maybe someone that knows firsthand will chime in.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

When I bridged my Zuki 4ch (actually a fake Brax) to a pair of single 4 subs it shit the bed immediately. The bridge diagram on the amp I followed was also opposite of any bridge diagram I've ever seen on any amp but followed it anyway. Output caps literally started leaking and took out the outputs from what I was told by the local I gave it to that had it fixed. In other words, never bridge a Zuki or run it below 4 ohms! Too many stories of magic smoke and literal fire happening.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

possibly the SPL models , but the "Eleets" no on 2 ohms.

Zuki 4ch (actually a fake Brax) The bridge diagram on the amp I followed was also opposite of any bridge diagram
    how do real Brax amps bridge ? Are fake Brax cheaper than real Brax Hillbilly SQ
    ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Patrick told me mine was basically a Brax Graphic Edition without some kind of card in it. Sounded great and had headroom for miles. I chose it over the Eleets when he shipped me both to try and send the one I didn't like back.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

FINAL THOUGHTS)
    Final thoughts:
    Would I buy this amp? YES. As a matter of fact, I am considering buying this amp from the group who got together to buy it for me to review. I really like it that much. There are still plenty of other amps out there I like very much, but they are not as functional as this amp is. To get this kind of power level you typically have to get an amp which is at least twice as physically big, and often with a bunch of added cosmetic junk or LEDs all over it.
    Here is a snapshot of my findings about this amp.
    1) It has very high output when playing dynamic signals such as music, almost 200W a channel into 4 ohms.
    2) It does have a protection system of some sort which shut it down in my most extreme test.
    3) It generates very little heat, especially considering its high output power.
    4) It is very small for its size and power output.
    5) This amp has no bias controls or output emitter resistors.
    6) This amp is not a clone of a SoundStream or Genesis amp, and is unique, despite sharing some design features.
    7) Purely my opinion, but I think it sounded great.

1) http://www.soundbuggy.com/Eric/Car%2...nel/index.html

If you need 200 - 250 Watts for your components [ This might not be the amp for you ]

For headroom/dynamics ( soft passages followed by LOUD bursts ) an "Eleets" 4-channel is ideal [ Scanspeak 12M coupled with LCY130's was like listening to angels sing !

excerpts:
    Things not to do >>>
    Next I took the largest woofer I had near me and hooked it up to the amp. The woofer had dual 4 ohm coils so I put one coil on channels 1 and 2 bridged, and the other coil on channels 3 and 4 bridged. I then performed the exact same test.
    Things not to do >>>
    Now, if you look at the no load image, and this one of the woofer load, you will see the rapid decay in output. This was a result of two things. One, the amp went into protection and killed its output, two my supply exceeded its capacity and choked. It choked hard enough my head unit also connected to it lost sufficient voltage and shut off.

Things To Do !

Again, 26V RMS output with no ramp off.
    Now, my results are by no means the final word, but I am 100% confident this amp will do 175W RMS by 4 all day long playing music into component speakers at 4 ohms.

I own this amp [ bought it after review ]

beak81champ,

What are you currently using ?
    AF GB60, AF GB25, AF GB10, (2) AF GB12D4 IB How did/do you like "Audiofrog" ?
    Last edited by Hic; 02-26-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

That is in my Camaro, and IMO, the very best choice I could have made on speakers. I’m contemplating switching to the Eleets in this ride. I also sort of have a mini basshead package accumulated for a daily, which I have yet to purchase. I bought a ‘94 Sonoma and I hate it, so looking at “full size” trucks/suvs at the moment. I have an SI RM-12, or 2 Sundown SA-10 rev2’s, Stevens Audio MB8 2 ohm, Faital Pro FE25’s, and TBI HDSS tweets. I’m trying to buy a ‘97 full size Blazer to install it in. I have the Eleets, a set of Arc xdi600.4’s (2) and 1100.1, a set of Alpine MRV-F’s (35, 65, and M240), and the amps in my Camaro-Helix SPXL1000 and Arc xdi1200.6. Lots of choices, lol
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Nice beak81champ,

TBI HDSS tweeters ! ( Very Nice )

I hope you get the full-size Blazer !
    the Sundown SA-8's . . .
    . . . would work in a nicely built box _-_- https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-3-DUA...!-1:rk:35:pf:0 $164.22

The Stage 3 comes with a wide range of features which where designed to get the most out off your subwoofer.
    • 2" front baffle which provides an exceptionally strong mounting surface for the subwoofer.
    • 1" American MDF construction for superior structural strength.
    • 45° supports to smooth out airflow and reduce turbulence.
    • Custom vertical bracing system (VBS) to prevent enclosure distortion and wall flexion.
    • Gold plated terminal cups to increase electrical conductivity and reduce harmonic distortion.

The MB8 from 200 Hz and up would work ! With 8 ohms of resistance , maybe an amp that makes it's power ( say 200 W into 4 ohms ) will give about half that into 8 ohms.

https://www.massiveaudio.com/product...-range-speaker

It hopefully turns out to be just what you want !

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I've been in that car with the TBI tweeters a few times. You don't hear much from Mir anymore though.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

You could use a maxxbass 103 processor with MB8`s and a subwoofer becomes optional.